Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I was playing Digimon World on ePSXe for a while, and everything was going good. I used save state frequently, and I saved in game whenever possible. I almost beat the game, and then out of the blue I go to load state, and nothing happens. I go to continue game from the main menu, and it shows symbols and says "Card not formatted," or something along the lines of it. I then had to format the card for an unknown reason, it worked again for a bit, and now it did it again!
(But this time it first said that there was no save data, and when I did load state, I got the game to start but everything was discombobulated- color, sound, everything.)
Is there something that I might be doing that could cause this? I can't seem to figure out why this is occurring, especially when I'm playing it on the emulator and it's not an actual console memory card. Thanks in advance! ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Sorry for double posting, but does anyone have an answer to this? I would really appreciate this getting fixed so I can save an not worry about my data needing formatted every hour. <_<

EDIT: Here are my specs:
Windows 2000 Professional SP4
AMD Sempron Processor 3000+
2.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS

Here are my ePSXe specs:

ePSXe 1.7.0

Video Plugin- Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77
Default "Nice" Settings for Main Video Plugin(but in window mode)
Default "Nice" Settings for Soft Video Plugin (but in window mode)

Sound Plugin- ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0

CDROM Plugin- ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0

Disabled Netplay

memcards\epsxe000.mcr + memcards\epsxe001.mcr Memory Card Files

I have all existing BIOS (I'm pretty sure of it).

·
Registered
603 Posts
I can't seem to figure out why this is occurring, especially when I'm playing it on the emulator and it's not an actual console memory card.
It's still a computer. And as you know a computer has data(files) that can easily become corrupted or damaged in many ways.

And you said you have all existing BIOS, so you downloaded them I guess?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
xRyudo- Yeah, I have all the BIOS downloaded. And when I'm comparing the emulator to the console memory cards, I'm just talking about how it's not like you can drop a memory card and corrupt the data on an emulator. Sorry that my language is choppy somewhat.

KrossX- I'm pretty sure I close it correctly...but wait...my brother accidentally closed it by hitting the "X" in the corner of the window. That could be the reason why it did that! So you think that and savestates are what caused it? I thought savestates were harmless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.