Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· MEGALOLZ!
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, hello to everyone. i just joined here. now onto my problem. i downloaded 2 .gme memory card files for Crash Bandicoot 2, but i'm having problems using them. at first, i was on a witch hunt to find a program that would convert the .gme files to .mcr files and couldn't find anything (all the links i found were from the stone age of emulation and they were all dead). then after about an hour or so of that, i found out that ePSXe supports .gme memory card files. so i tried running the original files and it still didn't work. my question is this: is there a problem with the way i'm using them or are the memory card files empty? because when i go to load a game from either of them, they both come up empty. so i'm either loading them wrong or they've been falsely advertised as 100% beaten.

· MEGALOLZ!
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks Shendo, memcardrex worked perfectly.

/edit
ok, memcardrex only worked for one of my games. it didn't work for crash 2 (still), but it worked great for X6.

/edit 2
it turns out that your utility worked fine and it's a problem with the game. for some reason, the game isn't reading the memory card file. but that's a problem for another thread.

· MEGALOLZ!
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that isn't it, all the regions match up. it's an american copy of crash 2 and an american save file. and as i said before, other games detect the save. the file shows up in the bios and in crash 1. but for whatever reason, crash 2 doesn't detect anything. and yet it detects the save i made myself on one of the other memory cards.

/edit
here's a picture of what comes up in memcardrex when i open the file. maybe something looks wrong?

· MEGALOLZ!
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i looked up the product code and it matched the american version of crash 2. but i can't find anything on the identifier. my only guess is that something doesn't match there, but i wouldn't know what to change it to.

/edit
i downloaded 2 different memory cards from gamefaqs and they each have different identifiers. neither of them worked.

· MEGALOLZ!
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got it! :D :D i was thinking to myself "it only reads what it creates, not what i downloaded" and then it hit me: edit the downloaded files to match that of the files it made. and that worked :D thanks for all your help guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.