Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Memory Card Emulation Problems.

Hi,

I'm trying to play Chrono Cross with espxe 1.5.2.

Whenever I try and save my game using the games saving system it doesn't work properly.

When I save the game it says it has saved and shows it as saved whenever I look in the Save/Load menu. However when I exit the game and then re-enter it the game has reverted to its original save point. The original save point is where I have successfully managed to save it once.

I have similar problems with using the Save Point function. When I save and I check the Black Screen it tells me I have saved successfully. However it doesn't appear to have been saved because I then if I check the slot it says slot free and I can't open the game.

I hope you can help because I have no idea how i'm meant to sort this.
Thanks very much in advance.

·
Registered
332 Posts
First check that the epsxe folder is not in a CD or anything and that the derictory sstates exists in the epsxe folder and that the memory card you're trying to access is not readonly (check it's properties).
Then check if you're exiting EPSXE correctly, you must press escape to get the epsxe logo and only then exit it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, The sstates folder didn't exist. I'm now using that to save my games instead.

The memory card bit still isn't working. It worked temporarily when I closed my game when I saved it too a different place then went back onto it. However it then refused to work when I went further into the game and then tried again. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Do NOT rely on save states! They are very unreliable and can crash your games.
Sorry but I can't think of other reasons why the mem.cards wouldn't work other than what I stated above, someone else will probably help you out... Just wanted to warn you not to use save states as a replacement for mem.cards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.