Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Spriggan
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think its supposed to be this high!

I thought it (the memory bus) was supposed to be at 333Mhz to go along with my 166Mhz FSB and my PC2700 Memory.

·
Spriggan
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stupid me I had it set to Auto in the BIOS!

Its ok now but it is kinda crazy I mean the memory was overclocked 133Mhz passed its rated speed and I saw no ill effects. I even played Doom 3 and Finished Half-Life 2 at that setting :\

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Its ok now but it is kinda crazy I mean the memory was overclocked 133Mhz passed its rated speed and I saw no ill effects. I even played Doom 3 and Finished Half-Life 2 at that setting :\
if it works why change it?

·
Spriggan
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Considering its 83 degrees at 11:30 at night and my processor is 62 degrees at idle running 833Mhz slow because of a crappy heatsink I can just imagine what my ram feels like running at 467Mhz without proper cooling. :)

edit: Woohoo 100 posts in 2 years man am I ever active :heh:

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Considering its 83 degrees at 11:30 at night and my processor is 62 degrees at idle running 833Mhz slow because of a crappy heatsink I can just imagine what my ram feels like running at 467Mhz without proper cooling. :)
actuaily the processor heatsink has nothing to do with the RAM tempreture besides your RAM shoud be fine as long as your computer dosn't have crashes

edit: Woohoo 100 posts in 2 years man am I ever active :heh:
*looks at postcount*

·
Spriggan
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Player-X said:
actuaily the processor heatsink has nothing to do with the RAM tempreture besides your RAM shoud be fine as long as your computer dosn't have crashes
I know it doesn't. :p

I was just commenting on the fact I have such lousy cooling and at the time of the overclock it was no more than 65 degrees in my room at night now its over 80 degrees :\

I really don't want to fry my memory since I need the money to spend on a new power supply and a heatsink that will actually do its job in 80-95 degree weather and I'm anxious to get those 833Mhz back.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
It's always better to run your ram in sync with your CPU, that way, one doesn't bottleneck the other. I refuse to run at anything but 1:1, ever.. it's like drinking non-alcoholic beer. You get the flavor but not the effect. :)

OminaeYue.. clean out your PC thoroughly, re-apply your thermal grease, maybe add a fan or two, and clock your CPU back up.. there's no reason why you should be running at a ridiculous 1.33GHz.

·
Mr. Stupendous
1,138 Posts
cooliscool said:
It's always better to run your ram in sync with your CPU, that way, one doesn't bottleneck the other. I refuse to run at anything but 1:1, ever.. it's like drinking non-alcoholic beer. You get the flavor but not the effect. :)

OminaeYue.. clean out your PC thoroughly, re-apply your thermal grease, maybe add a fan or two, and clock your CPU back up.. there's no reason why you should be running at a ridiculous 1.33GHz.
cooliscool that only really applies to socket A system. Unlike you i have no problems running my ram async for some 260fsb goodness:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts