Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else see it yet?

I've got to say I liked it a lot... The main reason is Of Course... Zhang Ziyi, she's so wounderful.. and she finally learned to speak English, I swear English was never as sweet as when she speaks it. This also means that the letters I write to her can be beautiful english in the future, instead of awful Chinesse full of gramatical errors.

·
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, at least if you have my taste in movies and Ziyi :) It was like christmas all over again for me.

I take it you have read the book? everyone I talked to liked the movie better.

·
Sword for hire...a Pro
433 Posts
I will love you long time :laugh:
IMDB gave it a score of 6.5 ,on the other hand IMDB is kinda unfare,
"Napoleon Dynamite" Got 7.1 WTF is that,
me and my freind were watching "Napoleon Dynamite"
i really hoped it would get better but it never did, "Shift+Del" After 15 Minutes
i will see "Memoirs of a Geisha" in about 20 minutes,
will tell you how it worked out.

·
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
To be fair the median of Memoirs of a geisha is 8 on imdb... it has a lot of 10 voters... so maybe it's the kind of movie that you either love or hate?

Besides those 12.4% who voted 1 most have though it was a pron movie and was so dissapointed when they found out it wasn't... that or they were japanese people angry because a chinese girl is playing the Geisha, of course my dear Ziyi was better than all the japanese, so she got the role :D or it's chinese people who are angry at her for playing japanese... ooo well.

·
I Burnt The Toast!
1,522 Posts
Watched it last night. Interesting movie, as it was exactly what I thaught it would be, your typical 'girl sold into her life' type. While all the time being totaly predictable, it was an interesting story. Some great scenery and cinematogrophy for sure.

·
Transcended
1,421 Posts
Well, it's not showing here yet, but I read in the paper it's in the lineup for the year.

Actually, I haven't read the book, but I know what it's about. The book is practically a classic.

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
I plan to watch it tonight. It's one I've been waiting to see for quite some time.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
venthough i'm that kind of guy that rather read than watch movie, but i can't wait to grab its dvd. i'd read the book ofcoz. warning,spoiler: it's about a geisha's life n her love to a somekind of a company's chairman. didn't remember much.:)

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
Talk about a lousy hand in life. Lose your family at the age of 9, and taught to not feel or want. Chiyo (later Sayuri) seems to have gotten cheated on life.:( Ziyi Zhang played the part well (as good a performance as in Crouching Tiger). Movies like this can sure bring a person down to earth. I loved it, even though all the sad parts. Definitely a watcher. One movie I will definitely be getting the DVD of.

·
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Talk about a lousy hand in life. Lose your family at the age of 9, and taught to not feel or want. Chiyo (later Sayuri) seems to have gotten cheated on life. Ziyi Zhang played the part well (as good a performance as in Crouching Tiger). Movies like this can sure bring a person down to earth. I loved it, even though all the sad parts. Definitely a watcher. One movie I will definitely be getting the DVD of.
I guess we have the same taste in movies :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.