Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Magitek Elite
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new here, and also new to posting.

But anyway, what I'd like to know is, when you right-click on the Memcards folder, and unselect "Read only" how do you save those settings?
This is the only problem I have at all, I've read through many threads to get my ePSXe running perfectly, like gold water. But I can't save because the memcards folder won't keep the settings I just selected. One thread I checked was this one, named Memory Cards, I did as it said, and I know it is suppose to work, but it doesn't keep it's unchecked "Read only" box.

I'm using Vista, I think it's the newest of the vista, but I don't know how to check :p

My specs are great, and the gameplay is perfect, even FFIX, FFVII,FFVIII, but the only thing is, I can't save. I have the epsxe cards called epsxe000.mcr, and they have other games on them because I downloaded it from someone. It was to see if it would work then....:(

Can anyone help me? Or does the latest version of ePSXe v1.7.0 automatically do it for you...?
Any help would be appreciated :emb::p

Karina Helen Athena~

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts

My specs are great, and the gameplay is perfect, even FFIX, FFVII,FFVIII, but the only thing is, I can't save. I have the epsxe cards called epsxe000.mcr
Avoid storing ePSXe in an adminstrative location. Try placing it on the desktop and close ePSXe by FILE ---> EXIT.

·
Magitek Elite
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Admin Places?

Avoid storing ePSXe in an adminstrative location. Try placing it on the desktop and close ePSXe by FILE ---> EXIT.
Hm, than maybe I should move the folder somewhere else, because I have it on the desktop right now.
Should I place it somewhere else to see if it works?

P.S

Thanks for the help, and the exit thing helps make the music go away after I close...so thanks for that :p
I like your avatar >.<

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
open epsxe
in the options menu, select mem cards.
Click browse next to each text box and select the memory card files.
if no memory card files exist, type a name and hit open.
click file > Load bios.

Press escape and File > Exit.

Games should save from now on.

·
Magitek Elite
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
open epsxe
click file > Load bios.

I've tried this, but failure welcomed me. It doesn't make a memcard at all, nor where there any in there when I downloaded it.
Is it because I have to create a new memcard?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Move the emulator directory out of Program Files. and place it directly on the root of C:\ or whatever drivers are available.

·
Magitek Elite
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Move the emulator directory out of Program Files. and place it directly on the root of C:\ or whatever drivers are available.

Alright, I'll try.

EDITS:

No, it didn't let me.
I shall try to edit my permissions.

Here is what I'm using and what Vista I have:

Vista Home Basic

Processor: Intel (R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz 3.00GHz

Ram: Extremely High

System Type: 32--Bit Operating System

Any help?

EDITS 2:

Alright, so Squall-Leonhart, you rock. Your earlier post actually worked!
open epsxe
click file > Load bios.

·
duh...
27 Posts
i have a question with regards memory cards also...

i hope i'll not get in trouble for placing it here...

i had just created some new ones and when i run bios to check, its all good...

however...

when i saved my game and run bios again i can't seem to get the cursor to move & point to the memory card or cd player options...

is this normal???

as far as i can recall, i'm having this issue even before... everytime there is a saved file in my memcards, i can't move the cursor after i run the bios...

·
Magitek Elite
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do what I did

i have a question with regards memory cards also...

i hope i'll not get in trouble for placing it here...

i had just created some new ones and when i run bios to check, its all good...

however...

when i saved my game and run bios again i can't seem to get the cursor to move & point to the memory card or cd player options...

is this normal???

as far as i can recall, i'm having this issue even before... everytime there is a saved file in my memcards, i can't move the cursor after i run the bios...

Do as the rest of these posts stated, anti-kri$tian. If that doesn't work, than you might have to go to pSX, that's works great with less config than any other. But I currently run both epSXe and pSX.

Try right clicking the memcards folder and un-check "Read Only".

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
The Bios does not support analogue sticks, hit F5 to switch to digital.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts