Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MemcardRex is a PlayStation Memory Card explorer/editor.

Changelog:
  • Fixed error with status bar not being updated after saving a card.
  • Added prompt when "format slot(s)" operation is initiated.
  • Added glass status bar (available on Windows® Vista™ and 7).
  • Added multiple file selection in "Open Memory Card" dialog.
  • Tabs can now be closed by pressing the middle mouse button.
  • If the backup directory is missing it will now be created when the cards are being backed up.
  • If the initial "Untitled" card has not been edited it will be removed when the existing card is opened.
  • Extension left on the raw files will now be ommited upon saving.
  • Changed settings format to ".ini".

Thanks to: @ruantec, Cobalt, TheCloudOfSmoke, RedawgTS, Hard core Rikki, RainMotorsports, Zieg, Bobbi, OuTman and thanks to Gamesoul Master for beta testing.

Homepage

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
Looking good. Thanks for sharing, shendo.

I noticed its possible to have more than one instance of a same memcard open (same location, same flename/extension), and perform different edits on each that could mess up backup (each instance of the memcard having its saved edit overwriting the backup of the other instance when its saved. Just to illustrate one way how allowing multiple instances of the same memorycard -same location and name/file extension- could have unexpected result).

Any chance for a 'revert' command, to discard all edits that occured to the memorycard either since it was opened or since its last saving operation ?

Previously mentioned before:
How about show in each save's properties which specific slots are used for that specific save (ideal for multislot saves, obviously, at least to know for sure in advance which slots would be affected by edits).

Something I thought of (not very related to memcardrex itself).
What would you think of a container memorycard format (not one that can be used in emulators of course) thats not restricted by a limited block amount (kind of an import as either traditional ps1 saves or keeping their specific formats, into a large nonstandard -possibly compressed- memcard for archiving, allowing short private notes for each slot/save, such as to shortly document where the game progress was saved), to store psx saves in, such as to build a collection of those saves instead of keeping those in single separate saves, that MR could read and export from to other formats directly or to opened memory cards?

Having a large number of saves and memory cards myself, it can be somewhat tenuous to stay up to date about which are stored where and the content of, given how each save has to be reimported into a memory card and individually verified in an emulator to ensure its the save i was looking for.

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Previously mentioned before:
How about show in each save's properties which specific slots are used for that specific save (ideal for multislot saves, obviously, at least to know for sure in advance which slots would be affected by edits).
That's already implemented since 0.6, just double click on the save an look under "Slot:" :p

As for container format, there already is one which can be opened by (pretty old) utility called ConvertM.
I can take a closer look and see how it's done, maybe I can implement something similar. No promises though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.