Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks :).

As some of you may or may not be aware, about a month or 2 ago issues were raised as to to how this forum was being managed. In a nutshell the complaints were due to a "lack of consistancy" between the actions of the admins on this board.

In order to help resolve this situation we have been working to redraft the forums rules and create admin guidelines. This is so decisions made by admins are consistant and fair, and that members are aware of what is and is not appropraite on these forums.

In order that this be clear to all who visit these forums, we have decided that these new set of rules need to be translated into a range of languages. This does not mean that we are going to permit multiple languages: English is still the primary language here. This is so that our rules/guidelines are perfectly clear to all, no matter what your native language should be.

Anyways: this thread is a call out for translators. We could like to cover as many langauages as possible. If you can speak 2 or more languages fluently, and wish to help, either post a reply below or get in touch with me via PM.

Thanks,
Beta.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Hmm.... im guessing that multiple translations into the different regional variations of a single language are not needed.... in the remote case it is i could do it for mexican spanish :p

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
well I was thinking about that, I guess we could try making both and then comparing it to see if it's too different,if not use just one.
it's more about commodity , being able to read something written in a way you're used to is much more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Then i can make it spaniard spanish :)

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
I could translate them into german (if Bobbi didn't already claim it...).

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I could translate them into tagalog (filipino language) but then, I doubt that my fellow filipinos wouldnt be able to understand english rules anyway. :p

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Meh.. very well, I feel it's time I do something useful for this great forum aswell. :p

The only languages I know fluently are dutch and english. My german and french are lacking compared to that of some other board members, no doubt. So unless Samor got dutch covered already, msg me.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Let caipirinha translate them to Brazilian Portuguese and i can translate it to Standard Portuguese ;)

S

·
0 Posts
klatch said:
Meh.. very well, I feel it's time I do something useful for this great forum aswell. :p

The only languages I know fluently are dutch and english. My german and french are lacking compared to that of some other board members, no doubt. So unless Samor got dutch covered already, msg me.
they don't trust me ;)

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
It seems some of the admins here are simply not doing anything useful. I'm not going to point fingers, but it seems to me that it is this way. :p No offense to anyone.:) Definately not saying that I could do a better job, as I would never want to.

As for translating the rules, good idea. I think if doing so will allow more people to read the rules, then so be it. However, how many people that post in English can't also READ English?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I could help with the translation in Afrikaans (Native South-African Language) :)

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I could translate it to brazilian portuguese, but it seems that caipirinha has already volunteered for the job.

I could translate it to Klingon, though. Are there any Klingons visiting this forum? :p

·
King of the Maggots
4,131 Posts
Well.... having a different language selkection can be useful..... I guess l33t speak counts as an independent language, so if you want me to take on that responsability it's fine with me ;)

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.