Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A petition has been started by dreamcast-scene.com to get Melty Blood ported to the Dreamcast.

If any Dreamcast fan or legit Chankast fan is interested in getting this one to the DC they can sign the petition here to let Ecole know the Dreamcast is all but dead and that their port is guaranteed to sell well, just like Chaos Field, Shikigami No Shiro 2 and others. Just follow the instructions on the DCS site :)

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
actually there have been a couple DC games coming out since it's demise. It's not too far fetched... at least in the japanese market.

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Seta-San said:
actually there have been a couple DC games coming out since it's demise. It's not too far fetched... at least in the japanese market.
Really? What games? and how do they look/play? If you know that is...

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
the graphics of this game look too 1024x768 or pc based, on most t.v.'s you would barely be able to read most of the text

·
Moo.
455 Posts
The graphics of this game are PC based. That was the initial system it was developed for. Aided Onslaught, to answer your question, Chaos Field was released in 2004 for the Dreamcast. Also, there's no chance in hell an online petition will be responded to by Sega with anything other than a laugh. They're struggling just to make ends meet, they aren't going to gamble.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
I don't own dreamcast anymore... but what the hell, it was cool pieace of hardware, so I'll sign :)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I doubt these graphics are from the final DC version since they still have to decide if they're going to release it. The team is known for wanting to release the game, so with the help of the DC fanbase it might be done :)

Chaos Field, Shikigami no Shiro 2 and Baldr Force Exe were all released in 2004. Trizeal has been released in Februari of this year. I own Baldr Force Exe and to me it's one of the most enjoyable DC games I have. I hardly know what the story's about, but it seems very interesting. The music sets the mood greatly. But it's the battle system that keeps me coming back for more, fecking addicting! And the 2d graphics/gameplay simply rocks :D

If you want more info Aided Onslaught, just let me know and I might get you some pages. If it's Baldr Force Exe, when you google it you are most likely to get the PC version page, which is the uncut version. So you might see some nudity ;)

EDIT:

Some Melty Blood stuff:

http://www2.odn.ne.jp/~cfa18530/dream6/kaden/topkaden2.html

Looks great :D

Intro movie + Screens:

http://hetakusomasu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/newpage13.html

Gameplay movies:
http://www.globetown.net/~yukinose/muvi.htm

·
Registered
9 Posts
What's so good about this fighting game that would prompt legions of fans to demand it be ported to Dreamcast? Is it like GGX2 good?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
It's strange how the text, effects, overlays, and backgrounds are all hi-res, but the characters themselves aren't. I totally hate how the Big 2 franchises of 2d fighting (Street Fighter and King of Fighters) never have really tried to push the limits in terms of hi-res 2d art. It seems this game doesn't really either. Guilty Gear does, and we see how awesome 2d can truly look - I wish more games, not just fighting games, would come out in gorgeous GG style hi-res 2d.

I'm also curious to know just why I should care about this game. Like I said, it obviously doesn't LOOK better than Guilty Gear. Is it like the most awesome fantabulous gameplay ever or something?

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
Rhombus said:
I'm also curious to know just why I should care about this game. Like I said, it obviously doesn't LOOK better than Guilty Gear. Is it like the most awesome fantabulous gameplay ever or something?

Gee, graphics are not the most important thing on a game!!! And Melty Blood is a great game! I've played it more than I've played GG!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
...And we need a dreamcast port why? Is there something wrong with the pc version?

Just because a small number (and I mean a VERY small, declining number) of games get released for the dreamcast each year, it doesn't mean the system is still alive. The dreamcast may have been a good system, but its time is over. I say it's high time for the sega fanboys to move on. Hell, I thought the SNES was the bomb, but I'm not signing a petition to make an snes port of Metroid: Zero Mission. The snes was good, but its era is over. If I want to play snes games, I either boot up my old snes or use zsnes. I'm glad the snes and its games existed, but I'm also glad that era is over, since technology has brought improved graphics, sound, and gameplay.

But hey. If you're still convinced that the dreamcast is the BEST SYSTEM EVER!!!!!!!!, nothing I say is going to stop you. Just now that nothing can stop the machinations of fate & change. Even if you get a port or two each year, the dreamcast will never catch up to the newer systems. It's just dying a very slow death, prolonged by fanboys who just can't let go.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
The main reason you should care for Melty Blood maybe isn't the game itself (which is one of the best PC fighting games nonetheless), but the graphic novel, Shingengutsan Tsukihime, the story is based upon. Tsukihime was made into a good anime, but the graphic novel is considered a jewel in Japan, to the point that is is sold at exorbitant prices in online auctions in Japan... original copies of this game (Melty Blood) are also sold quite highly as well :p

For info on the anime...there are also some ongoing projects for fan translating both Melty Blood and Tsukihime.

·
Heh...
1,905 Posts
Proto said:
The main reason you should care for Melty Blood maybe isn't the game itself (which is one of the best PC fighting games nonetheless), but the graphic novel, Shingengutsan Tsukihime, the story is based upon. Tsukihime was made into a good anime, but the graphic novel is considered a jewel in Japan, to the point that is is sold at exorbitant prices in online auctions in Japan... original copies of this game (Melty Blood) are also sold quite highly as well :p

For info on the anime...there are also some ongoing projects for fan translating both Melty Blood and Tsukihime.
Thank you!!!!!! I knew those characters looked familiar! After watching a ton of anime, I forget some stuff and I totally loved this anime.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Charana said:
What's so good about this fighting game that would prompt legions of fans to demand it be ported to Dreamcast? Is it like GGX2 good?
Even this game doesn't look so good than GGX2. But I'm pretty sure Melty Blood has its own something unique that you actually can't find on GGX2.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Captain said:
...And we need a dreamcast port why? Is there something wrong with the pc version?

Just because a small number (and I mean a VERY small, declining number) of games get released for the dreamcast each year, it doesn't mean the system is still alive. The dreamcast may have been a good system, but its time is over. I say it's high time for the sega fanboys to move on. Hell, I thought the SNES was the bomb, but I'm not signing a petition to make an snes port of Metroid: Zero Mission. The snes was good, but its era is over. If I want to play snes games, I either boot up my old snes or use zsnes. I'm glad the snes and its games existed, but I'm also glad that era is over, since technology has brought improved graphics, sound, and gameplay.

But hey. If you're still convinced that the dreamcast is the BEST SYSTEM EVER!!!!!!!!, nothing I say is going to stop you. Just now that nothing can stop the machinations of fate & change. Even if you get a port or two each year, the dreamcast will never catch up to the newer systems. It's just dying a very slow death, prolonged by fanboys who just can't let go.
If you don't care for the port you don't have to sign the petition, it's simple.
I'm perfectly aware the Dreamcast is done for, but why should that stop the fanbase from trying to convince relatively small publishers to port their games to dreamcast, if they know ALL games they'll press will be sold, and it will be profitable? What's wrong with that?
I posted the links here to show something about the game and to let 2d fighter fans, and Dreamcast fans know there is still something you can do to let another game get released. I'm not here for a lecture by you to convince me the DC is dead and therefor I should move on to a newer console.

It's not about catching up with newer consoles, cause it's pretty obvious the DC lost that battle years ago. But it's about adding a new game to the library something all DC fans will appreciate, and if you don't care about it, fine with me, move on as you please.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
bleh... don't be so harsh with this poor little game. IIRC it was doujinshi originally, so in a way it's quite good :)

But anyway I am more eager for the Tsukihime translation to be done...

·
Moo.
455 Posts
Tsukihime... bleh. No one cares. Melty Blood and Melty Blood Re-Act do deserve translations though. I'm already aware of the one being done by Revolve, but having been involved with them, it'll probably be a cold day in hell before they get finished. One can hope though. The apocalypse can't be that far off right?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts