Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if i should ask this here but is not related to piracy or anything like that...

This adress used to bypass the timer in Megaupload:

javascript:var%20count%20=%201

But as today 9/10/09 it no longer works. It seems Megaupload changed the code for downloading hence the (old) javascript code doesn't work anymore.

Anyone have some information/tip about this or know a new javascript code to bypass the annoying timer?

I'm asking this here because most of you dudes are programers and are intelligent in this sort of stuff.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
Get a premium account (or wtfever they call it) to bypass the wait time.
That's what those Nazis want you to do. Fight the power. I would also like to know a way to circumvent the wait time. It gets pretty annoying considering that they are charging for a premium account when hosting "mostly" illegal stuff and warez. In a way, they are profiting off of piracy...

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
45 seconds is too long to wait?

E: Less of a harsh response: Get a premium account (or wtfever they call it) to bypass the wait time.
That's what those Nazis want you to do. Fight the power. I would also like to know a way to circumvent the wait time. It gets pretty annoying considering that they are charging for a premium account when hosting "mostly" illegal stuff and warez. In a way, they are profiting off of piracy...
If you register with them, you can cut the wait time down to 30 seconds.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
And I think you do not have to wait if you use the mega manager app from them, but I can not confirm its safety.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
I can confirm. I'm a premium member.

Mega Manager requires the user to at least be registered, but if you have multiple downloads, you must manually queue the next download and you can only perform one download at a time. (if only registered)

I highly recommend getting a one month premium membership and download to your heart's content. You get unlimited download bandwidth, multiple simultaneous downloads, and a higher download speed. (I max out my connection using megaupload w/mega manager at 2.5MB/sec)

There is also a "happy hour" every night where registered users get temporary premium access for a few hours. (I don't remember when exactly happy hour is, so be sure to google)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
The timer is correlative to the size of the file, the bigger the file, the longer the timer.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any file you download from megaupload is 45 secs, if you are registered is 25 secs.

Either way the waiting time is annoying as ****.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
the last 250Mb file i got off there was 90s

·
!
6,312 Posts
Megaupload is blocked in SA. I have to deal with the rest craps like Rapid****.

I LOVE Mediafire.

Any file you download from megaupload is 45 secs, if you are registered is 25 secs.

Either way the waiting time is annoying as ****.
You don't have any patience I see. Look at the bright side, Megaupload is better than Rapid****...you don't have to wait hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the last 250Mb file i got off there was 90s
I see, i guess i used the timer remover script too much and didn't pay attention on the waiting time.

Megaupload is blocked in SA. I have to deal with the rest craps like Rapid****.

You don't have any patience I see. Look at the bright side, Megaupload is better than Rapid****...you don't have to wait hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah... Rapidshare blows for free users, just downloading 1 file every 50 minutes or something is retarded, you could always do the "unplug the router cable" trick to get another ip and use rapid**** again... but it's still lame...

It sucks that you have megaupload blocked, did you tried megaupload with "Hotspot Shield"? maybe it can work with that program...

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Doesn't Mega Manager have spy-ware built into it? I saw this on A LOT of places and therefore decided not to install it (even though it sounds foolish that Megaupload would do such a thing since it'd only hurt their commercial gain).

I LOVE Mediafire.
Indeed! If I can find something there then I don't bother with **** like MegaUpload, RapidFail and other Nazi file hosting sites which rub you in the face to get you to cough up.

With MediaFire, as a free user you get:
- Unlimited downloads of files up to 2GB
- Resume Capability
- Support for download accelerators (DAP manages to open up 7 connections),
- No stupid waiting periods/instant download
- No ultra-weak download connection which breaks off after every 30-40MB like MU and RS does for me.
- No ads
- Organize your uploads, maintain a favorites list if you register for a free account (which only requires a username, a password, and your email, that's it! Only 3 fields! No need to give your PayPal details, location and other non-sense).

·
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 龍我雷 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
1,201 Posts
^ x 15 posts?? I don't know what are you talking about guys?? I never experienced
any halt or waiting timer whatsoever! and no I am not premium user, no proxies, no
scripts, no nothing! albeit I can only download one file at a time, and download speed
is better than other share sites 700KB-1.0MB/S :/

But anyways I do experience the lame waiting time of 72 minutes when watching
videos using Megavideo! if anybody know how to bypass that without proxies and
not turning off the router every now and then, I'd be thankful??

·
Registered
246 Posts
i have always found rapidshare to be tedious at best, with their long wait times and all.

megaupload is much better for me, there are even services where you can search through megaupload and find almost anything you want.

if you don't want to spend any money on premium you could always upload something popular on megavideo and if you are lucky you will get lots of hits, if you get enough hits you get points which you can trade for premium.

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.