Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Megaman Legends 2 - Will not start after the CAPCOM logo

I'm sorry but now that I know that I can know the answer to my problems here, I have another game that I'm having a problem with, Megaman Legends 2. Unlike Breath of Fire IV, this game doesn't load at all after the CAPCOM logo. I've tried my current settings on Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.76, the "Nice" setting and the "Fast" setting and all of them load the CAPCOM logo, but nothing else after that.

Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.76

Resolutions & Colors
-Window Mode (I never use Fullscreen, it doesn't seem to work)
-Window Size: 400 X 300
-Color depth: 16 bit

Textures
-Texture Quality: R8 G8 B8 A8-Best colors, more ram needed
-Texture Filtering: 6-Extended+smoothed Sprites
-Hi Res Textures: 1-2xSal
-Gfx card vram: 0 (Autodetect)

Framerate
-Show FPS display on startup
-Use FPS limit
-Auto-detect FPS/Frame skipping limit

Compatibility
-Off Screen Drawing: 3-Enhanced
-Framebuffer Textures: 2-Gfx card buffer
-Framebuffer Access: 4-Full software drawing (FVP)
-Alpha Multipass
-Mask Bit
-Advanced Blending

Misc
-Unfiltered Framebuffer Updates
-Color Dithering

I'm sorry again to ask for help, but if somebody could please help me on this game as well I'd appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Have you looked at the console window to see if there are any error messages? Are you running the game from the CD or from an ISO?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
n_w95482 said:
Have you looked at the console window to see if there are any error messages? Are you running the game from the CD or from an ISO?
I didn't find any error messages and the game is an IMG. IMGs work just like ISOs for the ePSXe, right? That's what my Breath of Fire IV game was, an IMG.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fireblaster_lyz said:
You tried running directly form the CD?
I would if I could but apparently I lost it. When I find the disc I'll try it out, but shouldn't it be better to play the ePSXe with the ISO/IMG instead of playing stright from the CD?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
it is, but sometimes your ISO got messed up when you made it, so sometimes you can try to run it off the CD or just make a new ISO

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hushypushy said:
it is, but sometimes your ISO got messed up when you made it, so sometimes you can try to run it off the CD or just make a new ISO
I see, then I'm just gonna have to do that but before I post this, I did a little research and supposibily this game is suppose to be copy-proof yet I've run this game before with just the ISO (this time I made an IMG via CloneCD but last time it was an ISO from IsoBuster, so that could be the problem too).

Argh...when one question is answered, more questions just seem to appear and haunt me. :???:

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
Gameseeker18 said:
I see, then I'm just gonna have to do that but before I post this, I did a little research and supposibily this game is suppose to be copy-proof yet I've run this game before with just the ISO (this time I made an IMG via CloneCD but last time it was an ISO from IsoBuster, so that could be the problem too).

Argh...when one question is answered, more questions just seem to appear and haunt me. :???:
if you copy the subchannel data using CloneCD or Alcohol120% you bypass the copy protection

1 - 13 of 13 Posts