Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using the MegaMan Legends 2 CD original version, and have tried the Daemon thing but I can't get the game to load past the Capcom logo. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
next time you say such a thing, fireblaster_lyz, post the link as well :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya a link would be hepful, but I can find it. If some1 had the exact problem, then at least I know it's not a hardware issue. I hope they had their problem fixed though...

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
so is it a problem with daemon tools? what happens when you try the original CD? or just loading the ISO in ePSXe via File--->Run ISO or using the Mooby's plugin?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't use the Mooby cause I have the Original CD. Made a perfect copy of it and it has no problems, cause I played it alot on Bleem! before. I did see a difference in Bios. On PCSX the default Bio didn't display anything, but sch1001 made the glitch with the logo appear and nothing else. Same with all emus. I would like the Bleem! back, but I threw away the burned key CD cause I bought a PS2. But it's broken, which is why I'm usin an emu. Anywho...an emu that runs directly form the CD and doesn't emulate woul;d be MUCH better. But as for the oneses I'm usin now, eSPXe is configed (is that a word?0) with all the plugns up-to-date and usin compatable ones like Petes plugins for CD and graphics.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
After thinking it might be a CD plugin issue, I used the default ePSXe plugin, and not POete's. As usual, I got the same glitch BUT I also got an error, probably the same one that went with other CD plugins, but was not displayed becasue of a trap or other programming devices. The error was:

Opcode 1e UNK (PC 00068248) (754,14)

K wait a sec...NOW IT'S WORKING!!! What the heck?

One problem solved...another one arises. How do I set it up so I may use my joystick with the game? I would like to configure all my buttons to the game, so I downloaded [pec]. But it won't work. It keeps using the keyboard controlls. And there's this area of the game that freezes, but the sound keeps going (as ePSXe tends to do) I did turn off the cheater, but it still didn't work. Sorry if this sounds like complaining, it's not. This game seems to have alot of bugs with Emus, but I also really wanna play it lol

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
gokuson123 said:
1. Opcode 1e UNK (PC 00068248) (754,14)

2. How do I set it up so I may use my joystick with the game?

3. I would like to configure all my buttons to the game, so I downloaded [pec]. But it won't work. It keeps using the keyboard controlls.

4. And there's this area of the game that freezes, but the sound keeps going (as ePSXe tends to do) I did turn off the cheater, but it still didn't work.
1. Opcode errors are generally caused by scratched CDs.

2. Be sure to calibrate it in the Control Panel. Once detected, you can configure it through ePSXe's CONFIG ---> GAME PAD ---> PAD 1.

3. Try pressing F5 while you are in the game.

4. Post your plugin configs (GPU, SPU and CDR).

I was in a rush at that time...therefore I DID NOT include a thread. ;/
Try using the EDIT button. :guitar:

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
fireblaster_lyz said:
Try using the EDIT button. :guitar:
What Fireblaster was trying to say is that double posting isn't allowed, so if you have to add info to a previous post, you should use the edit button and include the info in the same post.

Keep [pec] away for now, it's just for cheating and won't help making the game run. For the pad, do as fireblaster said. Regarding the freeze, try using peops gpu plugin, as it's the more fitting for a 2D game, and will probably be more compatible. Post your current plugin set and configs so we can trace the problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
K. I wasn't tryin to double-post, some forums have a time limit on how long u can edit ur post after posting it, and I didn't know if this had one. So my plugin settings are as follows:

P.E.O.P.S. GPU Defaults after using the Nice button instead of Fast

Eternal SPU with top 3 boxes checked in main window, and defaults in Advanced options

ePSXe default CDR WNT/W2k Core 1.5.2

Bios is scph1001

Also, changing from Pete's to P.E.O.P.S made no difference, except for a severe loss in graphics.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
gokuson123 said:
some forums have a time limit on how long u can edit ur post after posting it, and I didn't know if this had one.

So my plugin settings are as follows:
P.E.O.P.S. GPU Defaults after using the Nice button instead of Fast

ePSXe default CDR WNT/W2k Core 1.5.2

Also, changing from Pete's to P.E.O.P.S made no difference, except for a severe loss in graphics.
:eek:nthepull Well, thanks for covering my tracks, I-Chan

Don't worry about time limits: It isn't enforced here.

Have you tried Pete's D3D Plugins? Give it a go, it might work.
Also, change your CDR plugin by d/l it on my signature below. (SaPu)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yes I have used Pete's plugin and Sapu was the one needed to even run the game. Gah this is really ticking me off. I have used EVERY plugin combonation available for every plugin, and nothing works. For those who have played it, it freezes at the part in the begginning after ur second boss battle in the open arctic after u take the refractor from the pyrimaid thing and the boss is the elephant-type Reverbot. During the cutsceen, it freezes after Von Bluecher comments on why accidents are called accidents. Right as he is done talking and has his hand over his mouth, it freezes. But, I continue to hear the game play on as Tron Bon and Teasle talk about how they survived the storm.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tried em all. CD not scratched. Played this game before perfectly on Bleem! but it doensn't work on XP...does it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
How about VGS? Is there anything so I can use Windows 98 or older software on XP? And no the Compatability switch does not work. It won't run them even if it tries in 95 or 98.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
I currently don't own the disk to help you...so I cannot provide constant help on this game.

VGS might/might not work....just try it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts