Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently, i'm having problems regarding the sound of this game. almost in every dialogue, the game often hangs/locks-up, but the dialogue continues BUT gets interrupted by another dialogue from another scene. for example:

the dialogue when Roll tells Megaman that there's a giant blip in front of him which is a reaverbot. then Megaman asks:

"Roll? Are you alright? Can you hear me?"

from this point on, the video locks-up, then after about 2 - 3seconds, there's a dialogue from another scene like when the Inspector says "You certainly put on quite a show.." etc. then the game returns to normal again. then after another dialogue or cutscene, the problem occurs again.

could there be any possible solution for this aside from switching emulators? like a bit of configuration tweaking?

i really like this emulator (pSX Emulator) because it's so simple and emulates almost every game just like how the PS1 unit run the games.

anyway, replies will be greatly appreciated. thanks. :)

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
can you just test it on another emulator to see if the problem can be reproduced? you dont have to stick with it, its just for troubleshooting purposes as it can eliminate a few things depending on what it does.

·
pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy
318 Posts
You may need to seriously consider making a better rip of the game. I've personally played through the NTSC-U version, and I know people have played the PAL version without any problems like this.

But besides that, more information would be needed. For instance, system specs, pSX version, BIOS version, game ID, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You may need to seriously consider making a better rip of the game. I've personally played through the NTSC-U version, and I know people have played the PAL version without any problems like this.

But besides that, more information would be needed. For instance, system specs, pSX version, BIOS version, game ID, etc.
i have the NTSC-U version (SLUS_006.03). if what you say is true that a lot of people are playing the PAL version and don't have probs, then my problem would be where to get the PAL version.:(

also, i saw an old (i think) compatibility list (pSX Emulator Compatibility List) that says that the PAL version runs perfectly on v1.6 of pSX. maybe IF EVER i could get my hands on the PAL version, i'll try it on this version of pSX. as for now, maybe i'll try this NTSC-U version on another emulator as what jonc2006 said.

as for the requested specs, here they are:

SYSTEM SPECS:
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.06GHz
RAM: 512mb RAM
VCARD: GeForce6 6200 (PCI-E) 256mb
SCARD: Motherboard-integrated sound card (SoundMAX)

EMULATOR SPECS:
EMU: pSX v1.13
BIOS: scph1001.bin
GAME ID: Megaman Legends NTSC-U (SLUS_006.03)

thanks for the replies. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.