Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mega Man X8 PC Demo is out.

The demo offers Japanese or English speech and subtitles, but you can only stick with one language type during the installation. You can't switch subtitles or speeches during the gameplay. I hoping the full version will allow you to switch languages.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
I will dl it too, I really liked the megaman X series. I like the ones on the SNES with its sprites than this 3D stuff, I need classic 2D.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Is it just me, or does this look like a relic from the PSX. Cell Shading would have helped

·
Registered
104 Posts
Kane-Sama said:
Is it just me, or does this look like a relic from the PSX. Cell Shading would have helped
The graphics are way better than a normal psx. It may look like an emulated psx, but I'm still doing that anyway.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Hell yeah!!! Been waiting for this!! :bow:

Gonna post some shots at 6xFSAA/16xANISO. :)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
For some reason, if I install the Japanese version, it hangs after the capcom logo with the silhouettes x, zero, and axl behind it. Moreover, I can't use my ps2 pad adapter with this game it seems. If I get this game, it will be the ps2 jpn version.

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Captain said:
For some reason, if I install the Japanese version, it hangs after the capcom logo with the silhouettes x, zero, and axl behind it. Moreover, I can't use my ps2 pad adapter with this game it seems. If I get this game, it will be the ps2 jpn version.
If your using Windows XP make sure you choose the Japanese language in the control panel.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Great game, totally perfect port and a good amount of customization. :D Can't wait for the full game.. I'd buy it for PS2, but I'm ready for any extras the PC can offer. ;)

Seems locked at ~60FPS @ 1024x768.. FSAA/Aniso don't want to work, though I probably have to reboot, that's what I find odd about ATi cards/drivers. Anyway it never went below or above ~60 (+3 at times). Forgot to check FPS overlay for screenshots in fraps, oops.. Loving it, this is how Megaman should stay! The English voice acting is much better aswell.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,477 Posts
heh you beat me to it Cooliscool, I wanted to post hi-res screamshots ;)

Is it wrong to like that game? :yawn:

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The PC version has more special effects than the PS2 version.

Take a look at these comparsion shots.

There's more of an enchanced water effect surrounding Zero's legs.

There is also a way to get Japanese speech with English text.

It is possible to have English text and graphics with Japanese voices in the demo.

Install either language version. then rename the install dir then run the install file again. it will "uninstall" whatever version you installed first (without removing anything because you renamed the dir :) ). Then load the install and install the other language. Now, copy the entire contents of of one install folder (ex. copy the entire contents of MEGAMANX8TRIAL to the ROCKMANX8TRIAL folder or vice versa either way doesnt matter) Now, go to whichever folder that contains both versions.

You should have two EXE files, delete one of them (they are both the exact same). Next, there should be two files "ENG_LAN.dat" and "JP_LAN.dat" and a few othes. This controls the voice, whichever is present sets the voice. If both are present it defaults to Japanese. Delete ENG_LAN.dat if you want (it will have japanese voices any way if both are present). Finally, open up the "multingual" folder. There should be two files "japanese.dat" and "english.dat" these control the Text and graphic language. So, delete "japanese.dat". Now this will give you English Text/garphics and japanese Voices :) Have fun~

Let's hope the retail ver has dual switchable language install option so we dont have go through this nonsense again.
Update: I tried it out myself and it works!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I'm gonna pick it up for ps2, just feels better on a t.v. to me though the download makes me want to go get it now, to bad I don't have the money.

Recca? I haven't seen you around in a WHILE....

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
strange.....even at 640x480 (w/o effects) it only runs at 30fps for me....no difference between fps even when using 1024x768 (w/ effects).

Possible Catalyst 5.1 bug I predict ^^

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Valcrist said:
I'm gonna pick it up for ps2, just feels better on a t.v. to me though the download makes me want to go get it now, to bad I don't have the money.

Recca? I haven't seen you around in a WHILE....
That would be because i haven't been around in a while :p
Anyways, Hi val

1 - 20 of 30 Posts