Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sound keeps cutting off for me during the cutscenes in the NTSC version of Mega Man Legends. For example, in the intro everything goes silent right after Mega Man says "The transmission isn't too clear." I've tried three sound plugins: P.E.Op.S DSound, Eternal and Pete's DSound. I've tried pretty much everything I could think of: changed the timing method, changed the sound buffer size and enabled and disabled SPU IRQ hack. I also tried lowering the video settings down to bare essentials, but that didn't help either. If I set the region for PAL the sound keeps going, but it goes faster than the visuals.

My system specs:
AMD Athlon 1,3 GHz
256 MB RAM
Win98SE
Geforce 2 MX
Sound Blaster 128PCI

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, none of those suggestions worked. I'll say this again: the video is lagging behind audio only when I force the game into the wrong region mode. In the right mode, the audio goes completely silent. Also, this is the only game where I have encountered this sort of trouble so far.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm. AdriPSX can't run .img files, PSXeven displays a black screen though the sound still runs... I'll keep trying others. I happened to try ePSXe 1.5.2, and with that the sound gets cut off in both region modes, though it runs a little farther.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, I know I'm really late, but I was just having the same problems. Here are my settings.

Config Sound
SPU: Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41
-Enable Sound
-Enable CDDA
-Enable XA Sound

Eternal Configuration
Audio Device
-Wave Mapper (Buffer size 32)

Audio out Method
-SPUasync (smooth)

Misc
-Wait for XA buffer is free (grayed out and checked)
-Fine tune: 0
-Reverb: Neill's

Special game fix
-Nothing is selected.

Anyway, that's what I've got, sorry if it isn't very clear. And it works :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey there i got the same problem and when i select the Mooby's plugin: Cd disk image driver 1.6, i cant configure it which i cant find the Enable Subchannel data and it wanted me to decompress or compress. Which should i pick?

·
Walk, Walk, Walk Gatomon
124 Posts
If you have version 1.7.0 try using the ePSXe SPU Core 1.7.0 plug-in aka the one that comes with the emu, I had a sound problem with Bust a move '99 when I was running it from the image I ripped to not give much use to the CD-Rom reader and with the other spu plug-ins I got no sound except the sound effects but when it came to the background music or the mini intro music of the game all that was all silence unless I ran it off the CD, but if I changed the SPU plug-in to the SPU Core one with that one I could get the music straight from the ISO image.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
that game must have had cdda audio, which explains the missing music. the spu core 1.7.0 now supports this type of audio format so you no longer need to either play directly from the disc with an analog audio cable connecting your cd rom drive to your sound card or use a .bin/.cue format disc image to get the music to work. if you are not using epsxe 1.7.0 it is advisable to do so now because there have been a wide range of fixes for both video and sound.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
i ll say this for the last time, since it always worked 100% and it is the only setting to fix this, enable vsync on gpu plugin... this is the same solution for the sequel.... vsync is needed to be in sync with the video, who cares about the frame limit, it is still not 100% in sync with the speed with a real playstation, vsync makes the game run at the correct speed therefore the audio is in sync with the video...

if anyone says my solution is wrong and that the correct frame limit is only needed then try my solution accross multiple emulators and even the pc version (although for the pc version you have to force it to use vsync) and viola the audio isnt out of sync

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
vsync is not required at all!

use Eternal's spuasync : wait, it will sync the video with audio and keep it consistent.

·
クロスエクス
4,890 Posts
Hmm..... vsync would limit the max FPS limit to the screen refresh...
If you get slowdowns without vsync, enabling it won't help at all.

And even then, you would need a refresh rate according to the region.
60hz for NTSC or 50hz for PAL... or a multiple of them.

Therefore, the better way to sync the video/audio of the emulation
is with the sound plugin.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.