Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Sopor Aeternus
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have problems with the emulator, that have act in the past of my system but now he dosn't start? They is ever an ever no system checkback signal?

What's rid of with that emu now?

I have an Geforce 5900 and the newest Treiber 71.81, however in the past have this emu work, have anyone the same problem and what can I do that's
works again?

Thanks for your help....

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Have you downloaded the latest version of the Emulator?

·
Sopor Aeternus
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have....but not working.... :(

·
Sopor Aeternus
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gens Plus! and any other Gens Version (Gens32 etc) dosen't work too... :(

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
What exactly is the problem you are having.

·
Sopor Aeternus
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

I’ve got a huge problem with Gens 2.12b. When I am starting the program it completely freezes.
My hardware is an nForce 2 based mainboard with a GeForce FX 5900 graphics card.
When I had my VIA or SIS based mainboards everything worked just sweet.
Is there a solution or workaraound for this problem because Gens kicks as like no emulator else!

Thanks a lot!

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
But, if you don't play SegaCD games..? :D

r2rX :p

·
Sopor Aeternus
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These all Versions not work and Kega is not so good :( ....

**** prob....but also Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Luzifer said:
My hardware is an nForce 2 based mainboard
Gens has known issues with the Nvidia nForce IDE driver. Uninstall it if you want Gens to work correctly.

Luzifer said:
Kega is not so good :( ....
Ehrm.. Have you even tried Kega Fusion? It currently is superior to Gens in each system both are capable of emulating.

·
Sopor Aeternus
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@klatsch

Yes it was the IDE Driver.....THX.....

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Luzifer said:
@klatsch

Yes it was the IDE Driver.....THX.....
I had the same problem a little over a year ago. I couldn't get Gens to stop freezing whenever I opened it. I was on the verge of reformatting when I found out that the IDE driver caused the problem. Since then I haven't dared installing it again :p. I bet it was behind my FFX movie encoding issues too...

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Interesting problem. I have an nForce 2 Ultra board and have never experienced this problem. I have the latest nVidia IDE driver installed. Maybe it's because my HD is SATA and is on a separate controller all together.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
That could be why. I should try installing the IDE drivers then putting Gens on my 40 GB drive as it's using an IDE->SATA adapter.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
There are adapter's to let you use IDE drives on SATA ports? Interesting. :idea:

Well anyways, my SATA hard disk is running on an SATA port. That leaves all the IDE ports for my many IDE optical drives. I seem to recall Gens freezing on my old motherboard. But that was using a VIA Chipset... I think that was due to something else...

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
NF7-S's came with the adapter and I think they're around $20 USD or so separately. They're pretty convienient when you don't want to have two drives on the same chain (like me :p). It seems to have sped up file copying between the two drives quite a bit :). I would try the driver now but I probably would have to reboot and I don't feel like doing that right now (trying to see how long of an uptime I can get, currently at 1 week 2 hours).

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
That's the nice thing about SATA is that you can only have one device per channel. I don't think optical drives suffer too much being on the same channel. Or do they?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts