Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, i told my father to buy some dvd rw so i could rec some of his stuff

so he goes to office depot and he calls me and asks me what kind of disk do I need oO He asked me if I needed him to buy dvd + or dvd - .... he bought 2+ and 1- but anyway what are the differences about the plus and minus?

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
dhkimboa said:
thanks for your reply
i dont know if it's because it's too late
but did i just read that dvd+rw can only be written once? i can't erase it and rec on it again?
+/- R's can only be written once. But if it's +/- RW, then it's erasable and rewritable.:)

·
The seeker of perfection
4,008 Posts
I haven't personally found any difference between the 2, except for the faster speed of one of them. 8x and 16x is the maximum but i don't remember which number corresponds to which media :lol:
Other than that, my dvd-rw reads every type of disc but my standard dvd-rom has some trouble recognizing some dvd +
It's like the Blue ray and the Hd Dvd. There are 2 standards in the dvd-rom market (not the dvd movies one) but this time there are no differences in capacity but burning speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.