Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my last post was about how I had missed the last few years of emulation and that I was trying to build a PC to get back into it...

I'm happy to say it is done and I am now in the process of setting up and testing all of my emu's.

I have to say, the biggest thing I have come across so far is the HyperSpin front end. I am blown away! It looks so awesome, but is difficult to get working so I am yet to decide if I will use it or not.

Anyway, I'll attach a pic to show you the set-up (I've also been blogging about it so will add links for anyone interested). It's a 50inch plasma, the media centre is in an Antec Fusion case which comes with an awesome remote control and the specs are just average right now, but I'll grab a new GPU soon.

Here's the case...

I’m a Mac fan but… « Bullshit.Laughs.Opinions.Gossip.

And what my lounge room set-up looks like...

Around the house: New AV set-up « Bullshit.Laughs.Opinions.Gossip.

I'm only renting at the moment, but if my wife-to-be and I buy a house, I plan on wall mounting a tv and setting up a standing console with a nice arcade joystick mounted. I've got all these ideas, ddr mats, stools, drink holders lol, I hate renting!

Thanks for reading :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, Maximus Arcade is nice too! Maybe not as pretty, but seems cleaner and more user-friendly.

What I struggled with in HyperSpin was the fact that the menu's listed every game for each system, rather than being able to read your rom folders and only list the games you actually have.

Any idea which way Maximus does it?

Thanks by the way, I appreciate the replies and help! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.