Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suddenly all the mdecs in my games are not running smooth and have some little pauses (just an instant) and the same is happening in ff8 pc. Why? I use the same config in epsxe.

And i have an original psx ff7 pal version but lately i get this error: recompile block too large maybe a scratch? if is a scratch i really apreciate a savestate file in the new game, continue screen cause i can't get the squaresoft logo. (I never used a save state in this game and now i wanna start playing it again).

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
ok as you say that the pause is affecting you in the pc version of ff8 as well I assume that the dma for you cd rom has been turned off for some reason. Try switching it back on via the cd rom's properties in device manager.

As for the other error a few ppl have had problems like that (eg fivefeeteight I think) is as you assumed to use a memory card just after the intro. I don't have the psx version so i can't give you one but you could try looking at www.gamefaqs.com for one.

Hope that helps.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
for the pauses in your games, I think is because you don´t have much amount of ram, try adding more ram to your PC and I think that should do the trick ;)

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats not the problem

i have 160 megs in ram and the cd rom has still activated the dma. sadly but i don't know what is causing the problem cause i just have it recently that means in the past the videos were ok.

And yeah, i have a scratched cd. Can someone give me an epsxe saved state (no memory card) of the continue, new game screen? cause i can't reach that screen. Maybe the scratch didn't afecct that part of the game.

·
King of the Maggots
4,131 Posts
well, with your FF7 Cd, you can do the following, when it blocks,you can change the CD, but don't replace it, just eject it and then insert it again, hopefully, it will "jump" and get back as if it had nothing...

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by takmadeus
well, with your FF7 Cd, you can do the following, when it blocks,you can change the CD, but don't replace it, just eject it and then insert it again, hopefully, it will "jump" and get back as if it had nothing...
For my experience I could say that this solution will not work :p

·
King of the Maggots
4,131 Posts
Originally posted by SepHirotH OmEgA

For my experience I could say that this solution will not work :p
that's called a "machetazo" (in english: "bushknife slash" or "machete slash" :confused: )

it maybe will block your PC, or it will screw up it, but many times it works fine.....

actually, you got to do that in epsxe if you wanna run FF9 (in my city, the whole shipment came bad burned, so it didn't run well in the FMVs, even in an original PSX, so I got to improvise

1 - 8 of 8 Posts