Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Thanks for the info Dax, I'll take a look. Unfortunately I don't have PS3 to test stuff on
but GameFaqs has bunch of .psv files which I can use as reference. I'll post here if I get anything interesting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you need someone to test any psv files that you convert shendo i would be happy to oblige. Ive been looking for a converter like this forever and it would be the least i could do to help

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Since I have a PSP I'm currently focused on VMPs, but I have a hunch that signing process is very similar.

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
I've checked your thread Dax and ran into a same problem that you did.
I get a 14 byte file instead of the expected 20 byte when trying to decrypt the key using aes-128-cbc.

Also that information in wiki regarding VMPs is wrong. It says the following:
0x0000C 20 Key seed, decrypted via aes 128 cbc (vtrm type 3 or static key)
That simply is not true. That part is not encrypted at all. It's a predictable sequence of numbers (eg. 01 02 03 04, etc), probably used as a seed.

Next entry talks about SHA-1 but doesn't give any information on the hashed data.

I've tried using PSPLink on POPS to see the signing method but it doesn't support data breakpoints anymore, so I'm unable to trace instructions when memory read occurs.
PSP-GDB is no good either as you need to upload your own .prx for debugging.

·
MCR to PSV Service Provider
95 Posts
Any update on this guys?
Nothing as far as I know. Dax hasn't replied as far as I can tell. If you need something converted to PSV, see the 'Free PS3, PSVita, PC PS1 emulator save conversion 'service'' thread.

I'm keeping my eyes on this one, though. I would love to see an app to do this step on the pc. Would make things so much easier!

·
pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy
318 Posts
Agreed. Back when I was doing conversions for people, I was doing it manually (using the instructions I posted on the official forums long ago) and that became a huge pain really quick.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts