Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I saw a couple of threads on this but there was no result. is there a way to convert .mcr's to .psv's so i can play me epsxe saves on my ps3?

·
Registered
13 Posts
No, you can only extract the memory card files from the .psv. As of yet, there is no way to build a .psv. If you're PS2 is modded or has the softmode you can ftp the save to a PS2 memory card and use the PS3 memory card adaptor to import it to the Ps3. That's what I do.

·
pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy
318 Posts
As stated, there is currently no direct method (mainly because the PS3 uses some kind of checksum/encryption that hasn't been cracked yet, due more to lack of interest than difficulty). Pasky stated one method of doing it. Otherwise, you can use a PSP as the transfer device instead of the PS2. The concept is the same though... you need to use something the PS3 will read to import the saves, which will cause the PS3 to convert it to its own format on its own.

I've been meaning to try a USB stick as the transfer device, but never remember to try when I'm around a PS3. Could give that a shot too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.