Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let me elaborate...

Games run, they are emulated fine. If I turn off my analog button (I use an actual ps2 controller, so you know the red light that turns off analog), then the game will recognize my controller, if I turn it on, the game thinks my controller was unplugged.

I have hit F5, and tried [off] green [on] and red [on].

I have tried using the setting for Dual Analog, and the setting for DualShock.

I have tried changing the settings in the driver config, to try the different combinations of "controller mode". For example you can make the dpad act as either buttons or a pov-hat, (buttons are required for any kind of epsxe config recognition). Then there is the option where by turning the analog off on the controller, you tell the controller to map the analog "joystick directions" to the dpad instead. That one is useful for many pc games if you prefer a pad to a stick. Tony hawke for example...

But I digress...

My point is that I *CANNOT* get analog working with epsxe, my
Super Joybox 5 Pro, and the mayflash drivers.

Just in case anybody asks, the controllers (up to 4) work great in any pc game which uses analogs. Some times it messes up with the right stick, but you can flip them in the driver.

I like the driver, I just don't get why epsxe can't use it...

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
thats because the analogue button changes how the control reports to the computer.

Leave Analogue on and reconfigure the controls.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've done that.

I know that by turning the analog off it changes how the buttons report to my pc, I wrote that in my earlier reply.

Also, if you leave the mayflash driver alone on defaults and try and configure epsxe (with analog on), you will discover that epsxe has no idea when you hit the dpad. It doesn't recognize those 8 directions at all. You need to change the drivers behavior from "Auto" so that the dpad becomes buttons (just four I think, not 8, but you can hold 2 at a time I believe?)...

I'm not sure... I wish lilypad were supported or just merged into the official code for a "next" release... I'm excited about the 1.7.0 release as it is, of course. I'm not trying to cause trouble...

I just want analog :'(

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
just use the windows default HID driver then :\

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I guess I'll try that...

I tried uninstalling the driver last week and it gave me an error with the wrong path in the error message, so I guess the installer is messed up too and I will have to figure out how to get it off my pc...

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
reinstall the driver and try uninstalling it again.

if it uses windows installer (msiexec) you can delete the installer info with microsoft installer cleanup utility.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.