Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been out of the emu scene for awhile but I got a new computer so I've been messing around with epsxe quite a bit. It's really awesome, FF9 is really smooth.

But my real question is that I cannot set my video card to 4x AGP mode, I have set to 2x, and I know that both my video card (a Voodoo 5500) and my motherboard (ASUS K7V Pro) both support this feature. If somone can help me I would really appriciate it.

O

·
0 Posts
Re:

Did you check to see if there is a setting in the system BIOS? If there is you need to enable 4x mode. Also, some video cards have a jumper on it that you need to change. But I’m not 100% sure, but on my PC it was a setting in the BIOS.

Oh yea, it could also be the drivers. Some motherboards require the correct AGP .inf’s installed, and the same for some video cards. (not sure about the Voodoo though)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re:

I haven't overclocked my CPU, and setting the bios up to 4x AGP was the first thing I did, I will have to look into that jumper though. I have the newest drivers but since 3dfx went out of buisness the stuff is sorta old.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Anyone know if the compaq presario model 7AP170 (w/ the athlon) has a motherboard that supports AGP 4x?

·
Registered
171 Posts
there is one more thing that you should check out at the bios setting which is the agp fast write be sure to dsable it because there isnt many models of agp cards that supports this feature the geforce 2 mx of mine doesnt .
since the vodoo 5 is even older it shure doesnt too .
try it and tell me what happens:rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
168 Posts
actually, i think the compaq w/ a 900mhz processor has agp4x support (isn't it standard in most newer computers now anyways?

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
i think it's an AMD 751. i'm having trouble even setting the agp speed to 2x. i think i used power strip to do it once, but it resets itself everytime i shut off the computer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I switched to some older drivers (I was using the x3dfx) and now I can select the bus type: 1x AGP, 2X AGP, Disable, or auto-select. I also set VIA chipset to bios defaults, I turned off fast write, but still I can't see 4x... anyone else have some idea's?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts