Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this link (http://www.maxtheater.com) randomly on ngemu's main page, checked it out. Sounds too good to be true, and even if it did work I imagine the image would be dim, if it were simply magnifying the tv image. Also, for only $17 I can't imagine the lens(es) being very high quality. What do you guys think? Anyone seen one?

Still, nothing beats hooking your computer or gamecube up to a $5,000 LCD projector with VGA and S-video input...

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Sounds awesome but I would like to know what the hell it actually does, and what it is before I would buy one... oO

Edit: Wait, wasnt this posted before?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The website is very vague about what it is exactly. They mention "lenses" and that it takes about an hour to set up, but don't offer any images or detailed descriptions of the product. The photos of the projected movies/games look good, if they are real photos. It still doesn't show the actual product though.

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
Reichfuher said:
Sounds awesome but I would like to know what the hell it actually does, and what it is before I would buy one... oO

Edit: Wait, wasnt this posted before?
i remenber the tread, the only difference is that it was that the projector was on sale on ebay.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it was already posted, sorry, I searched first but didn't find anything. Anyone have links to the other thread? And was it the same product or a similar one?

As for those pictures I attached, they are of a real, $5,000 LCD projector, the kind used in every classroom here at PSU. One of my roommates got to borrow one for some project and needless to say, that thing was on for almost a week straight. We watched divx movies on it, played games on all the major emulators, PC games (Quake 3 mostly), gamecube, PS2, etc. Having an 8'x6' screen at 1024x768... it was a thing of beauty. Some issues with color banding (I think it did some kind of 16-bit conversion, or something) and the fact that the projector itself got hot as hell with such a bright bulb inside were the only downsides. It took in Composite, S-Video, and VGA, though there was another model that was a step up that did component/progressive scan as well, but we couldn't get it. But if you've got a few grand to spare, and a dark room (it didn't work too well in the daylight), it beats every HDTV I've ever seen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts