Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, im new to the world of emulators...
What's the maximum resolution that ePSXe will run at? Im especially interested in FFIX. I've read somewhere you can pump up the res to 1024x768. Is this right??

·
Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by Enigma1982
Depend on your video card............
My Max resolution is 1600*1200
Actually, it depends on the videocard and on the monitor too.
No matter what videocard you have, you can't run at 2048x1536 (my monitor's max res) on a 14" monitor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So theoretically, just say I have a geforce 3 and a sony 21 inch monitor (i wish) I could play an emulated PSX game at 1600x1200? If that's true then why bother with a playstation, play everything on your computer!:D

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
There are 3 reasons why you still have to bother with playstation.......
1.Compatible
Emulator not compatible with all games like real PS
Some can play on emulator some can't.
2.2D games
Even 1600*1200 resolution or using 2D filter not help much with 2D games
So you must using TV to enhance it look good.
3.Sound
Sound in enhance emulator not perfect 100% yet

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks enigma. I probably only want to play one game: FFIX. I've read that that works ok via emulation. And since squaresoft are not going to release it on PC, emulation is the way to go.:)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
::frombrosis::,I see you're from australia,if you want to play FF9 on ePSXe you'll have to use a burned copy of the game in order to bet it to work.

S

·
0 Posts
Or you can buy a US NTSC copy via the Internet. The US NTSC copy plays perfectly w/ePSXe. Boxed original only, no illegal versions or copies please. Also, yes, FF IX does look STUNNING when played on ePSXe w/all the enhancements.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
well besides, you don't notice much of a difference in res changes after 800x600 it doesn't much matter.... :p

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm playing at 1600x1200 on my GeForce 3 right now because I can't use FSAA without that FSAA glitch. I prefer to play at 1024x768 with FSAA. Anyways I disagree that you can't tell the difference at anything above 800x600. It all depends on the size of your monitor. On my 21'' monitor, 800x600 looks blocky. And on a large screen TV with S-Video 800x600 looks even blockier, without FSAA of course.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts