Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,117 Posts
Originally posted by Neojag
oki, im thinkin of getting Max Payne, but i have a Celeron466 RivaTNT 2 ultra (32MB) and 256Ram PC100...
is there anyway to make it run decently on my machine (prolly @ 320*200 and no textures ;) )
i think u can use 640x480, just set most of the options to minimum.

According to the official recommendation :

minimum setting : cpu = 450. with 16m video card.
medium setting : cpu = 700. with 32m video card.
high setting : ?

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Re: Re: Max Payne on my (lousy) specs...

Originally posted by Nightmare

i think u can use 640x480, just set most of the options to minimum.

According to the official recommendation :

minimum setting : cpu = 450. with 16m video card.
medium setting : cpu = 700. with 32m video card.
high setting : ?
High setting: a monster. :eek:

·
Registered
125 Posts
and with my specs what do u think, i get 2200 in 3dmark2001 at 1024x768x16 and i the max payne scene i get more or less 40 fps, i will upgrade my memory soon to the double or more and maybe i get a 32mb geforce2 go at dell.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,117 Posts
How do i know what fps the max payne is runing at? How do i enable the fps screen(dont know what i should call it)?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Originally posted by Ryoga
well I can run the high setting fine, cept the random crashes so make that high setting
Tbird 800
640megs of ram
Geforce 3 64 meg
bad, BAD BOY :eek: :eek: :dead: :dead: :dead: :eyes: :eyes:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I play 1024*768 (sadit setting) resolution but all setting is medium I play really fine but some sence when enemy come out a lot my PC going to................ :(
I also discover 640*480 and 1024*768 speed not difference much on my PC.My spec you can see from my profile.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I actually find there is a bigger difference between depths than in resolution, so instead of droppinf from 800x600 to 640x480 lower it to 16 bits

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Okay way off topic but I was not going to start a whole new thread!!...........I was reading u had gone Ryos :cry: , but here u are :D, glad to c u!

EDIT: posted this here as I saw it as a recent post!!

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Originally posted by Ryoga
my computer is weird on max payne, I can run EVERYTHING a max detail at 1024x768 with 4x FSAA with about 60FPS but I get random crashes saying, detail is to higher, try and lower it to prevent this crash, or some weird stuff like that, quite annoying cuz I don't know WHAT detail to lower.
The exact same thing happened to me when I was playing. It suddenly quit saying I needed to lower the details or something. I've only tried it once though and only for a couple of hours. I was playing it at typical settings: 800x600x16 w/ 4xFSAA and medium details. I don't think my CPU or GPU were being stressed at all...

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have the Asus v8200 geforce 3 card, might be the card, you using the detonator drivers? cuz there is a new version out and that might of fixed it

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
I ran it on Windows ME using the latest Detonator drivers (Detonator XP, v21.83). I don't have any problems in any of my other games so I assume it's something to do with the game engine.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
baaaaaah :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Got Max Payne... Running at 640*480*16, all details at minimum, cant even understand the load screen... Runs kewl on the beginning...

but!...
whenever there are more than 2 dudes on the screnn it turns into Max Slow Payne.... :cry:
Max, u shall remain in the shelf untill i get a decent pc:dead: :dead: :dead:

21 - 40 of 56 Posts