Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime i play max payne, the comp always lags when i shoot the first bullet, or throw the first bomb or ....Anyone have played this game have the same problems or anyone know the reason??

This problem happens even if i set the options to all minimum,no fsaa... 640 x 480 resolution 16 bit....the diff is , it is not that lags....

I suspect i have not enough memory... but... i have already set the options to minimum....it really hard to believe it is not enough ram....

p/s after the first shot, it will be ok,even if i throw bombs and fires like hell still no lags ( even if i set the options to maximum including 4xfsaa ) this is really weird.

System :

Athlon 1.4
samsung 128m ddr
msi k7t266 ddr pro ( latest driver and latest bios )
Elsa Geforce2 GTS PRO ( using the latest driver )

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Whenever you do something for the first time in a game, the game has to load all the textures/models associated with it, and after that everything is loaded in for good. There's not much you can do about this besides defragging your HD - and it's really not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
strange, this only happens to me when I have the options past medium, other then that works fine for me! :p - Even while doing other stuff! (downloading,MP3 playing, ect.)

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can this be my hard disk problems???

i have a very old quantum fireball hard disk ( about 3 and half years ago ) with 4.3 gig. I guess the rpm for the hard disk is around 4800, may be this is the problems? If so..i will try to get a new hard disk...

Btw, anyone know how to check how fast the speed of my hard disk running at? Any software do that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts