Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
(Screens can be seen in better quality on the official website ROCKSTAR GAMES PRESENTS MAX PAYNE 3 WINTER 2009)
...I wouldn't be able to tell that it was related to the MP franchise based on those screens. It really has nothing in common with the previous games.

(Just look at Max's physical appearance and the location. Everything is 100% the opposite, I half expect them to go "Har Har it was a joke, we would never do something like that". But it'll never happen.)

Either way, those are just some very early screen so making my opinion on it already would be ridiculous, but it doesn't give the same vibe as the previous games yet.
(With a different developer you expect some differences, but that surpass what I had in mind.)

·
Registered MSX user
1,625 Posts
A couple of days I read about this new game when some details were revealed. It was a shock... Max Payne in Brazil.

It seems that system requirements will be very high for this game.

Let's see what it will be.

209 Posts
Well, thats just kurbed my enthusiasm for this game.. another "shanty-town-shooter" or a Far Cry 2/Resident Evil 5 clone. This is going to be a snooze fest me thinks.
Don't get me wrong, im a huge Max Payne fan and completed the 1st 2 games load and loads of times.
One of the main attractions to the 1st 2 games is the gritty film noir/gritty New York setting. Brazil or other desert/jungle like shanty town settings are quite dull IMO.

I'm not completely going to snub this game when it arrives, but im a bit dissapointed where they are taking the series. :(

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
I'm a die hard fan of the first two games which had an awesome story, awesome noir look to it, common conspiracies, and lots of action.

I'm sad to say I won't be buying or playing this one. I know a lot of people will say to not judge a book by it's cover and that it might actually be good, but it's already startling obvious that this is going to be an epic fail fest.

Besides as someone mentioned on another forum they didn't keep the same voice actor with the baritone Max Payne voice we've all come to know and love. The new voice/actor sounds quite ridiculous, Max Payne looks like a beaten down truck driver or bum with a drinking problem who beats his wife while their pregnant daughter downs a beer.

I hope they realize that they are taking this the completely wrong direction, and that it by any means doesn't look like a Max Payne game. If they release it, just don't call it Max Payne, just call it GTA5 Brazil.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
This is worse than I ever imagined... Its almost like they just took the title and put what ever crap they wanted on it! What next? As its rockstar, cars you can steal and drive around in open enviroment while doing odd jobs for local gang leaders while chasing for information of your enemy that kidnapped you daughter(that somehow miraciously didn't die in the first game)!!! OMG! Grand Max Theft Payne 3!!!:dead:

·
Unlimited...
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is worse than I ever imagined... Its almost like they just took the title and put what ever crap they wanted on it! What next? As its rockstar, cars you can steal and drive around in open enviroment while doing odd jobs for local gang leaders while chasing for information of your enemy that kidnapped you daughter(that somehow miraciously didn't die in the first game)!!! OMG! Grand Max Theft Payne 3!!!:dead:
:rotflmao:

·
Registered
449 Posts
1. It doesn´t look like Max Payne. At all.

2. Why the ***** is he bald? It´s not that i have anything against bald people, but seriously, what is up with this bald fetish? Max Payne is NOT bald. It´s not a big deal, but it really makes no sense that they made him bald.

·
Registered MSX user
1,625 Posts
OMG! Grand Max Theft Payne 3!!!:dead:
:lol:

2. Why the ***** is he bald? It´s not that i have anything against bald people, but seriously, what is up with this bald fetish? Max Payne is NOT bald. It´s not a big deal, but it really makes no sense that they made him bald.
It's so hot in Brazil, so Max started to dislike hair since they always get full of sweat. He didn't wanted to lose his hair, so he took beard instead.

209 Posts
It's so hot in Brazil, so Max started to dislike hair since they always get full of sweat. He didn't wanted to lose his hair, so he took beard instead.
Perhaps his beard is some sort of new inventory, the longer you play the game the longer the beard gets and the more you can store in it. Christ, at the end of the game you could fit a rocket launcher in that thing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.