Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following up to the most recent best FMV thread post, have any one played Conkers BFD? That game is frickin' hilarious.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It didn't receive too much media attention since it was the first really mature game Nintendo did, but it's probably the best game on N64 beside Super Smash Bros.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yeah BFD was great! I rented it and beta it in just 5 days though.... It's one of my favoite "revolutionary" games, alongside Max Payne, which i'm currently playing (I've beaten it a couple times already though ;) )

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My favorite part in BFD was probably the Great Mighty Poo and all the movies with Greg. I just can't help cracking up. The scientist was really funny too, and the last stage (enter the vortex) was really well done. It reminded me of Max Payne.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yeah, Greg was great, he reminded me of a friend of a friend. Too bad Max Payne didn't have the little wave around the bullets...

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The little wave around the bullets would've been nice... I also wanted to be able to actually dodge bullets a la Matrix, but hey, the game was frikkin awesome, I shouldn't be complaining.

Gk1986 - you think BFD and Super Smash Bros are better than Zelda 64 or GoldenEye?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Uh-oh... I feel some top-5 lists coming on!

5 BEST N64 GAMES (in order)
1: Zelda 64: OoT
2: GoldenEye
3: Super Smash Bros
4: Starfox 64
5: Mario 64

10 BEST PC GAMES (no particular order)
1: Half-Life
2: Doom
3: Dune II
4: StarCraft
5: WarCraft II
6: Homeworld
7: Heroes of Might and Magic III
8: Baldur's Gate
9: The Sims
10: Civilization II

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My top N64:
1. BFD (better believe it)
2. Super Smash Bros.
3. Goldeneye
4. Zelda OOT
5. Starfox

In case you haven't figured out, I use my N64 pretty much only when my friends come over.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The little wave around the bullets would've been nice... I also wanted to be able to actually dodge bullets a la Matrix, but hey, the game was frikkin awesome, I shouldn't be complaining.

Gk1986 - you think BFD and Super Smash Bros are better than Zelda 64 or GoldenEye?
Definitely. I am the school champ in Super Smash Bros. and I got really good at blowing people's head off with a sniper in Conker. They are so much better than zelda or goldeneye.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Gah! Blasphemy! Sure, SSB and BFD are fun, but nothing comes close to a 2v2 w/ Proxy Mines in the Facility with your best buds... Sheesh. And Zelda64 is easily one of the best 5 games made for any console ever, by any standard.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gah! Blasphemy! Sure, SSB and BFD are fun, but nothing comes close to a 2v2 w/ Proxy Mines in the Facility with your best buds... Sheesh. And Zelda64 is easily one of the best 5 games made for any console ever, by any standard.
Maybe I didn't have to quote that as I'm right underneath you, but I just felt like it. Anyways, My friends and I were obsessed with Goldeneye at one time (ie before discovering PSX and how N64 pales in comparison), and that was something we would do for 4 hours straight. Next time you play this game, make sure you place proxies in the bathroom door so a player can die immediately if they get transported there. As for Zelda, it was fun at first, but once I've beaten it, it's been collecting dust in my closet. There's just no point to playing the game again. Of course, it was fun when you play it, but nowaday replay value also counts quite a bit; spending hours hunting down skulltulas and heart pieces just isn't fun. So, here's my list of top 5 one player games:

Top 5 One-player game (in order)
1.Final Fantasy VII (PSX)
2.MGS (PSX)
3.MGS2 (PS2...there's just no way this game's gonna suck)
4.Conker BFD (N64)
5.Final Fantasy VIII (PSX)

If you're wondering where Zelda stands for me, I'd probably put it in 7 or 8, after Chrono Cross and maybe even Chrono Trigger.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
There's nothing more hilarious than a guy stuck up in the vent because someone's waiting in the bathroom with an RC-P90... how can you not love that game? And what do you mean, N64 pales in comparison to PSX? I really wanna meet you now so I can yell at you.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gk1986 surrounds his house with proxies

Just look the graphical capabilities of PSX (FFIX, CC, FFVIII), and then look at N64's (Zelda...crappy blocky hands...Goldeneye...again quare hands with cylindrical faces...only good thing was there was no loading time, but that's changed now). I think the difference is pretty obvious. I probably will still get Gamecube, though, just so I can play Super Smash Bros. 2 :D

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also, did you know you can get up the vent? :D Think of how badly you'll waste the poor guy :D Just get in the toilet with the open vent and mesh your c buttons. If that's not it I'll look it up for you again...it's been a while since I've played. :heh:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Just because the graphic capabilities of the PSX are a bit better then the N64 doesn't mean that there weren't MANY GREAT games for the N64.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I guess, but I guess for me the PSX is better. I've also forgot to add on all these posts that they are my personal opinions, so please don't kill me. :D

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
*stabbing* - I didn't really hear about PSX untill a few years ago, I didn't get too many consoles, I just got a PSX 3 years ago (consider the age of the PSX for a second) but before i got a PSX I had an SNES, those were some great games! But my friend got an N64 for his birthday or somthing (this was back when I was 10) and I thought it was the greatest ever, before I found PSX.... hmm....

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SNES is probably the only console that I like more than PSX (besides PS2 :D). I remember the good old days when I'd play FFIII over and over and over and over.. CT RULES!!! :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Since when does the PSX have better graphics than the N64? The textures are butt-friggin-ugly, the resolution is lower, and there are less polys per object... sheesh!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts