Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, now recently I posted a link to a poll before and I got negative feedback because people had to sign up and the polling options were honestly flawed. Cid gave me some advice on opening it to the public. So I have revised the options and offered guest and member polling for this.

The results are expected to change continuously, this is not a one off poll, I expect people who chnage opinions of polls to go back later and change their decision. REMEMBER, YOU CAN RE-VOTE!

And by this poll, which wuill be linked to many sources, will be displayed for everyone to see and for consumers to research of off continuously changing trends. And it will be able to help me to know where popular opinion lies so that I may investigate the trend changes.

Mass Platform Voting Here!

I know some of you gave me **** about originality, well honestly Idk whether it is nor for this occasion am I concerned, but keep in mind that this poll, unlike others, is a continuously changing poll. If you have negative to say about it, then please do say it, the critisicsm will help me improve expectations.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Cool, let's give this one a shot :)

Edit: Just cast my votes on my personal favs of each generation; Dreamcast, PSP 1000, PS3, Snes and NES.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
Playstation, Playstation 2, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, but no Atari 2600?

And is the Playstation 1 the PS1 and the PSX the Playstation? I've never had the Playstation One, but I've had a bunch of Playstations, I'm on the 10th or 11th Playstation IIRC. The PS One systems did look cool, but I only see the Playstation systems at second hand stores. likewise if you want to include both of them, why No Playstation 2 original vs the Playstation 2 slimline? I've never had a Playstation 2 either, mine was the slim and was replaced with the newer model Playstation 2 slim.

Still its a good poll...

Thank you for posting it...

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
ehhh you kind of forgot the msx systems aswell. / being picky.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
Isn't the MSX a computer based system? I thought this was console only?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
to late at night for me to be posting here, my mistake.

·
Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the feedabck and thanks for participating. Thanx Cid I guess your advice worked wonders :D

And yeah, If anyone wants me to add on to the list please let me know. I think it ruins the poll count though, but no matter I'll post changes here and the poll so that if you have time your can revise your previous decisions.

Isn't the MSX a computer based system? I thought this was console only?
Yes this is a console poll. Its not perfect but it works and gives everyone the stats they need. :)

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Thanks for the feedabck and thanks for participating. Thanx Cid I guess your advice worked wonders :D
You're welcome dude, good to see you got the permissions set right. :)

MSX is a bit of a weird one, it's a home computer thing, so probably quite a bit more varied than a NES, but it also had the real Metal Gear games. Anyway, ask Samor if you want a classification of it ;)

As for the PSX question: PS=PS1=PSOne. I suppose the poll is about the platform, not the model. Officially the PSX was some sort of home entertainment device that was never released outside of Japan.
PSX (DVR) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
Wouldn't Samor say it was just perfection? :lol: and leave it at that?

·
Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Playstation, Playstation 2, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, but no Atari 2600?

And is the Playstation 1 the PS1 and the PSX the Playstation? I've never had the Playstation One, but I've had a bunch of Playstations, I'm on the 10th or 11th Playstation IIRC. The PS One systems did look cool, but I only see the Playstation systems at second hand stores. likewise if you want to include both of them, why No Playstation 2 original vs the Playstation 2 slimline? I've never had a Playstation 2 either, mine was the slim and was replaced with the newer model Playstation 2 slim.

Still its a good poll...

Thank you for posting it...
Thanks for participating!

Yeah, I thought about adding remakes, but the ps2 slimline didn`t seem necessary whereas GBA SP actually changed significantly. And so with the PSP and Ds series.

FYI, i cant see if anyone replied to this, but the PSX is not the PS1, the PSX was personally requested and it`s a remodel with additions that PS1/2 lacked.

·
ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis+SegaCD, PS One (not so much cause of the console more because of the controller and the games), NES, SNES Nintendo DS( for being the only "modern" platform that has games i can say its worth it or i love) and of course the atari2600.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Ok, im gunna be the ******* here and say PISS OFF.

seriously. You have your site, keep your **** there. Emuforums is not the place to spam your frickin links at.

Any other emucrazy loyalists know the **** they can suck down in pre-emptive regards to their fail posts of retort.

From now on the only place i want to see any reference to emucrazy is in the news board, and it better be something thats actually news worthy.

·
Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Squall, you know as well as I do that "emucrazy" is NOT about competition, it was made under the foundation that research and hystory could be presented to any similar site. I honestly don't know what issue you or other people have against it, but I guess your irrational behavoir for it is due to your inability to control your emotions. Stop trolling.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
My issue is that you haven't got any long term goals or drives in place. Nor are you of an age where you can really say you're in it for the long haul.

My other issue is you're practically pulling the Billy may's lines when getting EmuDev's to jump on board.

I just hope for their sake you actually make this work, I'd hate to see their hardware work and forums go down when you can't maintain servage and usage.

·
Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My issue is that you haven't got any long term goals or drives in place. Nor are you of an age where you can really say you're in it for the long haul.

My other issue is you're practically pulling the Billy may's lines when getting EmuDev's to jump on board.

I just hope for their sake you actually make this work, I'd hate to see their hardware work and forums go down when you can't maintain servage and usage.
I didn't want to bring this beyond just polling research, but you kind of left me no choice. :/

I guess there is a lot about EC you never knew about. Firstly, when I first thought of the concept, it was meant to be a place where I could do my cheat code research for Project 64 after Gent dismissed me from PJ64-emu and gave me the permissions to do so. It was originally meant to be a place for me to show of my own research and software.

But then it escaleted to something more. And I just kept on trying to expand the support. I would have hoped that the fact that I don't put ads up and that I actually respond to user issues that are constantly emailed to me, that my deditcation and willingness to actually present something helpful is showing. But I guess from your eyes you don't see what goes on behind the scenes.

I even want to expand EC more to encourage people to start sharing research on websites like Ngemu. It seems until recently I misunderstood the administration.

FYI EC will work, I don't ever plan on selling the domain name, unless it's for the well being on the site. I plan on keeping it alive for as long as I live.

Please don't bring my age into the situation. I am almost 21 years old. I have written a book and have many more to come. I have raised my brother and sister. I don't know what you have accomplished, but I damn know for sure that I doubt you have the right to bring my age into play And quite frankly, age does not mean anything. I know 40 year olds that cannot handle the level of good decision making I can.

Also, here's another piece of information you may not understand. I am not the sole owner of EmuCraze, Nosound.97 (little mike) is the other owner. We have huge support undernieth us too. As you can see EC is not a scam to gain money, in fact any donations will go right back into the site, or saved for later when it may need it.

No information will be lost because of the inability to sustain server payments. I make backups of EC on a regular basis. And in the event something like this happens, I would hand over the site source to someone who can use it and so people can at least get all their research.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
I have a simple question:

Why on earth do we have to vote on a poll made on a different forum (which also happens to be the forum of the person who made this particular thread) when we can make a poll here instead?

Seriously, this looks more like advertising than anything else... Is that even allowed?

Ninja Edit: Wait a second, that guy made another thread some time ago about the exact same thing so it also looks like spam. :p

·
Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Without trying to be rude, I think you need to google the deffinition of Spam. Let me do it for you, here. So you just make yourself look really stupid. Watch how you criticize in the future.

And the poll wasn't conducted here soley because I have more flexibility polling under forums I have control over. Also, this poll is conducted globally, this is something I cannot achieve here. Otherwise I would. If you don't believe me, I have made a few polls here that I havn't made elsewhere before. Please stop trying to bring my research down.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
FAQ said:
Below is a list of examples of topics that we consider as being spam:

* User posted advertisements
* Scams or cons
* Flaming other members
* Posting for the sole purpose of increasing your postcount
* Multiple posts & threads
* Complaint threads. (Use private messaging if you have a complaint.)
* Incoherent posts.
* "I'm leaving" posts.

BTW: If it's fun and interesting... Please POST it. We like a laugh as much as the next guy ;)
I don't know about what's written elsewhere but according to the Emuforums FAQ what you're doing is considered as spam.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.