Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Dark Master
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using No$Gba v 2.6a and I can't start game.
In my menu controls are working good, but when I want to select save state I can't...The controls don't response.
I am playing USA version.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It's a copy protection. Would require a patch or a code of some kind.

You can play it with Desmume 0.9.4, but it has a bug where some stuff (coins from coin blocks, for example) don't show up on the top screen.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
It works with No$Zoomer 2.3.0.2 and a firmware (you need that one to be able to select a savegame). For details see the Compatability thread.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
I accidentally misfiled the post under the No$Zoomer thread. The error was fixed and the post is now found here.

·
Dragoon
144 Posts
I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how to apply firmware to no$zoomer, and I am quite confident I have the proper versions of no$gba and no$zoomer.

Is there a particular post that would show me the steps toward getting the game working? I'm not asking for the location of the firmware as that would be illegal and I am quite capable of using google.

I appear to of been mistaken, while the version numbers are the same, there is a newer version of no$zoomer in the no$zoomer thread.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes, I figured that out after going through the No$Zoomer thread, thanks anyways. They really should update the first post so you don't need to dig through the thread to find it.

Anyway, the game is up and running very smooth. Can't wait until it comes out, I'll be getting myself a real copy on Monday.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm experiencing a crash about 45 minutes into the game. When what I presume to be a battle between Bowser and a character called Midbus starts, the lower half of the battle screen gets drawn on the lower half of the DS's top screen and the top half of the battle screen gets drawn on the top half of the DS's bottom screen. Then the crash happens after Fawful says "he is having a big punch!"

·
DS Gamer
113 Posts
Yeah, check the compatibility thread:
http://forums.ngemu.com/1731273-post735.html

That seems to solve most issues, except one. The microphone.

Because it really depends on your mic and the part of the game in which you are (ie. Giant Bowser battles), I prefer using the audacity trick. Check the FAQ for more info (question no. 24). And if you are using Vista check this:
Windows Vista OS - Audacity Wiki

Also, change it to the default recording device if isn't recognized as your recording source (ie. stereo mix).

For better results, choose a loud music/song and increase the device volume. That worked fine on the japanese version of the game.

Cheers!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, check the compatibility thread:
http://forums.ngemu.com/1731273-post735.html

That seems to solve most issues, except one. The microphone.

Because it really depends on your mic and the part of the game in which you are (ie. Giant Bowser battles), I prefer using the audacity trick. Check the FAQ for more info (question no. 24). And if you are using Vista check this:
Windows Vista OS - Audacity Wiki

Also, change it to the default recording device if isn't recognized as your recording source (ie. stereo mix).

For better results, choose a loud music/song and increase the device volume. That worked fine on the japanese version of the game.

Cheers!
About the mic, you don't need the audacity. You can enable the mic at No$zoomer, just click with the right button and go to "enable mic". The mic will be activated automatically.

Just in case you don't know.=)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't get what's happening, all the tricks I usually use for the microfone on NO$GBA ain't working for this game. I'm on the part where Bowser needs to use Fire Breath on his giant form and for that you need to blow in the microfone, yet it doesn't work. wtf...

·
DS Gamer
113 Posts
I don't get what's happening, all the tricks I usually use for the microfone on NO$GBA ain't working for this game. I'm on the part where Bowser needs to use Fire Breath on his giant form and for that you need to blow in the microfone, yet it doesn't work. wtf...
Read the posts above!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Okay, let me correct my self, the Emulator actually knows that I'm using the microfone, but the game doesn't seem to care.

When you start the game there's a Mic Test and it states that my Mic is ample, so it should be fine, but it's not working.

·
DS Gamer
113 Posts
I don't know what else to suggest, the audacity trick worked fine for me. Oh, and yeah, forgot to mention that the Enable Mic option from No$Zoomer doesn't work with this particular game (but it works on others), so keep it off in this one.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Actually, I got it to work without any problem. You might have needed to deactivate EX5 for a moment, though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.