Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marble Mania is yet another roll the ball around a maze, except now you are gathering crystals while you progress around the mazes, fail to collect all of the required crystals and BAM, you get to start from the beginning of that level.

While many people complain about games being too easy, if this game had a time limit, most gamers would never progress beyond levels 20 as the difficulty ramps up around that point.

The Wii controls are very good. I dislike the Wiimote and prefer other controls except in this game, where I really enjoy using the Wiimote. In most cases, when I lose a marble, I can see where I screwed up, and it doesn't feel like I am fighting the controls. The controls are great except when you have to rotate the screen over 270 degrees, then it starts getting hairy, but it's still better than alternative controls.

Two player is a blast, the split screen works nice and the game is enjoyable.

Controls, you should be able to get the hang of the game in a matter of a weekend, it is simple, accurate, and fun. Grade A

Graphics, they are nice, nothing fancy, but they get the job done. Grade B-

Sound, the music isn't bad, but it isn't great either, you'll either love it or hate it, maybe you'll enjoy some but not all of the Music, it's nothing spectacular. Grade B-

Difficulty, unless you give up, you can retry every level over and over, and once levels are unlocked, you can compete versus against other players. Since you don't have to finish more than a level at a time, it gives you incentive to play in small spurts and to replay levels you completed to beat your best time or your buddy in 2 player mode. B+

Overall, this is a fun game that eases up on the difficulty so everyone has a chance to play it, plus the two player version keeps it fun after you complete it, and you can replay the game to unlock secret levels and skins.

If you like games like Marble Madness this is a great game to own if you can find it. The sequel is coming out in a month and it looks and sounds promising as well.

Final Evaluation, B+

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
This kind of game design, at least to me, sounds very similar to games such as Peggle, where certain things must be collected or knocked out in order to progress, otherwise failure. It also has similar design in that once played through the subsequent games are all about beating the high score and going for maximum points. I probably wouldn't play this game on my own, but if I had my family around then it sounds like a great little game to socialize with.

Thank you for the review Paratech.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some mazes cause the player to tilt them in such a way so that a wall becomes a floor, or to interact with objects such as magnets or conveyor belts. Each level contains a number of orange crystals and a single green crystal. Collection of all orange crystals is necessary for progression, while green crystals are optional, but unlock secret levels. In addition, players may be awarded with bronze, silver, or gold trophies for completing levels within a predetermined amount of time. Obtaining these trophies will unlock new balls, music, and 5 additional bonus levels. Once the forty-five single player levels have been completed, a mirror mode is unlocked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts