Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm an old member here that just comes lurking when I need help. :D You might remember me.

*inhale*

I am using nullDC beta 1.6. My gamepad wasn't working (why? I dunno, but it does that sometimes) So I tried going into the little profiler for the maple plugin to see if something was screwy with how it had the buttons set. It was, so I opened up my xpadder profile for the controller and was about to make the necessary adjustments to get this to work. Well, somewhere along the lines (I really don't know how, since I didn't do anything with it) It switched my graphics plugin from the chankast video to the nullPVR... and I don't know if this was before or after the sudden change in graphics plugins but all the options in maple were greyed out... wth? And if that wasn't enough, my game won't even load now. I go to normal boot (sometimes even system>start) and open the file, and all it'll do is go through the little dreamcast logo opening animation and go to the screen where you set the time and date... which is impossible, because my game pad won't work!!!

It can't be something I done, because I didn't do anything... but what could it be, then? >.<

·
Nomad User
115 Posts
xpadder can be dangerous on windows... since it emulates any key, pressing gamepad buttons during normal computer use may cause changes

rebuild your nulldc folder with original files

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
xpadder can be dangerous on windows... since it emulates any key, pressing gamepad buttons during normal computer use may cause changes

rebuild your nulldc folder with original files
and with beta 1.6, xpadder isnt neccesary. It already has controller support

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I figured that out (that it has controller support >.> *is a little slow*) Anyway, My game loads now and I have figured out the controller stuff, now it's just a case of WHERE THE HECK DID MY SAVE GAME GO?!? Apparently it doesn't see where I have been saving my game and thinks I don't even have a "Memory card" in (or just not enough memory for some reason), but that's not right, because all that time after I had been saving my games, I hadn't moved the data anywhere... >.> Why does this freakish stuff always happen when I leave it alone for more than a month?!

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
I think maybe you changed the maple plugins and the location of where the emulated memory cards are. Go to select plugins and check under where you change the maple plugin.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went under the select plugins menu and changed it to where port b in maple should be looking for VMU data, but when I go to options>maple>port b>subdevice 1> , the vmu .bin file is greyed out (name is there, but is not selectable) and it still doesn't recognize that I have save data. I don't know how to set where exactly the file is, though that would probably help greatly...? And is it easy to change the plug ins around without knowing it? Seriously. I have no idea where this started.

I'm not using 1.0.3 because I had some issues with it a while back on my computer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uhh... Kay. I have two for some reason... ? Neither of them match up with the one that is greyed out, though, if that even matters. They are both in the correct area, however. Zip file is in the attachments. Lemme know what'chya find. :D

·
Nomad User
115 Posts
one has two sonic 2 files, the other one has nothing, is that right?

greyed out is correct since you can't choose the file...

try deleting your cfg and flash files

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
Sonic adventure 2? Ahh now i see. Look in the DATA folder and delete dc_flash_wb.bin. Theres a bug in the emulator with this game that corrupts the flash file.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
But Gareth, does it not make a copy of the flash file and rename it flash_wb every time? (I could be wrong) Would I have to delete that every time I use the emulator?

I'll try that and post my results.

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
When you delete the flash wb file it will build a new one. The whole point is so the original flash wont get corrupted. I know playing Sonic Adventure 2 on nulldc corrupts the flash but you will have to try it to see if it only does it the first time you start a game or every time you play it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.