Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HARDWARE AND PLUGINS:
  • Emulator: ePSXe 1.7.0
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66 GHz
  • Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
  • Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
  • GPU plugin: PEOpS OpenGL Driver 1.78 (for 3D) or PEOpS Soft Driver 1.18 (for 2D)
  • SPU plugin: Internal ePSXe SPU 1.7.0
  • CDR plugin: Internal ePSXe WinNT/2K/XP CDR 1.7.0
  • BIOS: SCPH1001.BIN

GENERAL INFORMATION:
  • The BIOS runs without any problems.
  • Clicking "Test", "Configure", or "About" under "Config Soft Video Plugin" causes a crash.
  • Games below are USA NTSC versions unless stated otherwise.

MEGA MAN LEGENDS:
  • When using "Run CDROM", the game freezes after (choppily) playing the opening logo, then proceeds to (choppily) play random voice clips from the game.
  • When using "Run CDROM" and skipping the opening logo, I am able to make it all the way through the first level, then it plays a cutscene, then it crashes with this error.
  • When using "Run ISO", the emulator freezes at a black screen.
  • When mounting the ISO using DAEMON Tools Lite, I am able to make it all the way through the first level, then it plays a couple cutscenes, then it freezes at a black screen. I did not have to skip the opening logo, however.

MORTAL KOMBAT TRILOGY:
  • When using "Run CDROM", the audio is extremely choppy, but otherwise seems to work.
  • When using "Run ISO", I get this error before crashing.
  • When mounting the ISO using DAEMON Tools Lite, the game freezes after playing the opening logo.

Any additional information needed will be happily provided. Please help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was reading the plugin list for Delta, which says my internal plugins are 1.5.2. ePSXe says they're 1.7.0. My bad. I reinstalled anyway.

I also tried switching plugins around and updating my graphics card drivers. No dice. I suppose I might have to try another emulator, but I'm positive my discs are fine as they work on an actual system.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
CloneCD is one of the best if not the best method for ripping PS1 discs. It has a free trial available, so you can use it to rip all of your old PS1 game discs before it expires.

There's also good old CDRWIN. I used this to rip all of my PS1 games before CloneCD came along. From what I remember, you can use it indefinitely, but you're limited to 1x copy/burn speed. However, the program seems to issue non-standard IOCTL commands to limit the speed. My Plextor drive would ignore the commands and rip at the full 12x speed it was capable of.

If you want to use CDRWIN, there are still plenty of guides to use it for PS1 game ripping and it supports subchannel ripping and has options to ignore errors. (you need to turn on the ignore errors option when ripping PS1 games)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tried it with CloneCD. Now I get an OpCode error regardless of my method and plugins.

I did get a lot of "failed to read sector" warnings when I made the ISOs, though. Is that normal or do I have to yell at someone for scratching my discs?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Did you rip the disc(s) with the "Game" profile?

If you use the game profile it automatically sets itself to ignore read errors.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
How badly scratched would you say the disc is? Can you hold it up close to your eyes while facing a light source and see light coming through the cracks?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
do you have any games other games that do work correctly or is it just these two you are having problems with?

do you get any error messages or notice different behavior when attempting to run these games on psx? you said earlier you have tried them on it but was there any differences whatsoever in how the games reacted under it compared to epsxe?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
do you have any games other games that do work correctly or is it just these two you are having problems with?
I was able to get Rampage: World Tour running from the CD with no errors other than skipping audio. However, I cannot seem to load or mount .ccd files at all. My best results have been with .cue/.iso files ripped with IsoBuster.

Getting Mega Man Legends to work is my top priority right now.

was there any differences whatsoever in how the games reacted under it compared to epsxe?
They worked flawlessly on the console, but won't work in the emulator.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
sorry i ment the emulator called psx, not the actual console :p. are there any differences between psx and epsxe, like similar error messages or crashing at specific points, etc.?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry i ment the emulator called psx, not the actual console :p. are there any differences between psx and epsxe, like similar error messages or crashing at specific points, etc.?
Ohhhh! Well, pSX froze up immediately when the game loaded. With ePSXe, I could at least make it through the first level. No similarities at all.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
if it is not too much trouble would you mind testing the games on pcsx?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.