Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Ok I have tried out Speed fan but it just doesn't seem to actually work...

I have even looked up tutorials about it, but no one actually knows how to use this program it seems...

Anyways.

I'm looking for a method to manually controll the speed of my cpu fan, but in my bios i only seem to have 3 selections, silent, standard, and turbo.

See I want to enter an actually number or something like that, so I can decide specificly how fast i prefer it to go.

please help.
thanks!

·
Pink Poney
727 Posts
i started a thread asking about the same thing a little while ago; don't expect anyone here to know either :(

i think the best way is to get something like the fanmate, or a different fan controller. I have one around somewhere, just need to find it and hook it up. I also have speedfan, and can't figure out it's use beyond measuring cpu temps.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I didn't google it and watch the tutorials/ect... I wouldn't know that this program exsist. ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
It would be nice to know if there's some program allowing even an "overdrive", I mean, going beyond the fan's max velocity.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Nothing like that exists...and physical fan controller is as close as you will get.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Yep. That's as close as you're going to get to specifically setting RPM

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts

:thumb:

Much more satisfying controlling your fans with a physical nob. No point in installing bloatware just to control your fans :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any recommendations on what kind and model?
I have seen a few that I'm liking.
But I always like to get some opinions before making my decision.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Well, how many fans exactly?

The industry standard is 4 fans for a controller. Some have the odd 6 (like mine, 4 knobs and 2 toggles) and 8. The fancier ones have big displays with temp monitoring, time/date, fan RPMs etc... But those are grossly overpriced and worthless.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I was thinking about just hooking up the cpu cooler to the fan controller, but I just ordered 2 more Arctic cooling exhaust fans, so i might hook them up as well.
Arctic-Cooling 12 PWM - 120 mm

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Ah, the PWMs... Those can easily be controlled if you hook them up into the motherboard I heard, so a fan controller would be kind of pointless.

1 CPU fan, 2 exhaust and 1 intake is what you have I take it? Or is it just 2 exhaust and 1 CPU fan?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my intake is open.
My room is cold.

I also read in a few places that having intake fans can sometimes disrupt the air flow of the cpu cooler to the cpu itself

If you think it is acutally better to get an intake as well, I'll hook up one of the PWMs as an intake, put one as an exhaust and keep a standard as an exhaust.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts