Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to make a street fighter version of mame with all the street fighter games ever released on arcade but when I try to run game search mame wont recognise my super street fighter 2 zip. Any help?

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
Probably because you have the wrong dump of the game, you need the same version as the emulator. But we can't help you download illegal ROMs. You're on your own.

BTW, MAME 32 is a number of years old to be still using that version, and the chances of findding that version of the ROMs is less than downloading the latest MAME and looking for that version of the game.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
Didn't the change the whole format between .98 and the current version? There were small tables that were removed later on, IIRC. Could you restore that from a .12x release?

·
Premium Member
18,905 Posts
Well, 1.2x-compliant dumps are supposed to be closer to the real deal, so probably possible to generate 0.98-compatible files or so (unlikely to be so the other way around). Well, in theory of course, so dont quote me on that.
Only trial probably could confirm if results would be satisfactory (enough).

·
lazy shmupper
957 Posts
Yup, rom sets were very different at that time (big .ZIPs containing the parent rom + all clones). A 0.98 version will lack Hyper SF II... who cares about that one anyway.

I still have the full 0.106 set wich is still OK even for even older versions of Mame, I could upload all SF roms if you want.

Old versions of Mame are faster and have the best scanlines emulation, I always use Mame32 Plus! v0.106 but a 'modern' alternative would be Mame32 Plus! XT v0.130 and up... this build only has the 'Scanlines TV' filter, not as beautiful as the 'vintage' builds but close enough, very complete and at least fully compatible with the current rom set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.