Next Generation Emulation banner
121 - 131 of 131 Posts

· lazy shmupper
957 Posts
i don't really follow this stuff, but i know of haze because of the cps3 stuff a couple years back and lately the naomi workings. Seems like we'll have to wait on naomi now.
Wait for what ? oO

There's nullDC, Makaron, DEmul, etc... so why are people so enthusiast in seeing Naomi in Mame ??? :???:
Who cares about the emulation progress of hardwares that do not fit an emulator like Mame ?

· Banned
35,081 Posts
because they think mame can do it better, when really it can only do it slower :p

· Registered
9 Posts
because they think mame can do it better, when really it can only do it slower :p
It's not really about doing it better .... there are usually plenty of windfall benefits to the inclusion of new hardware in Mame, but largely it keeps people interested in the emulator and encourages people to donate time and resources to the project. Also Mame is one of the few emulators that have been around longer than 10 years and is still in active development.

Anyways, Haze is a very good programmer but he is not the only talented individual who understands the Dreamcast hardware. I suspect he'll be back in a few months ... it's not the first time he's taken a break from the project.

· dr emulator (madmax)
248 Posts
i love mame but it seems to have taken a very bizaare turn ,
now don't get me wrong they seem to work hard but naomi :lol: on mame :lol: come on ,
i played a 3d game (can't remember what it was but it looked sh**)
i've seen dosbox do better.what kind of 3d interface are they using?
why the hell do they bother with it upgrade it!
yes the decapping project is a worthwhile one for the emulation community
and i know the guru has a vested interest in decapping
because it's part of his work
but it does seem pointless getting every clone and broken game that exists at 95gigs a download .
my advise to them and i know they'll be reading this and other sites ,
is stop trying to fix every bl***y game ,just focus on decapping one game at a time ,and fixing it
we don't want to see game x in mame if it doesn't work and is only half there:mad:
leave it out and let my 320gig drive breath ,
it's not a race ,go from old to new ,
i was going to invest some serious cash in them but after reading these pages
i think i'll struggle to find the motivation
hey i can't stand bullies ,

anyway i don't blame him leaving ,
i had a job like that with di** hea*s constantly critisising me trying to make me feel small
so i left never regreted it once good on ya
small tip if ya still want to continue with naomi emulation
join the demul team or deunan knut (makaron) i'm sure they would be happy if you joined them;)and it'd makethe mame team jelous of the resulting emulators quality plus we in the emulation community would all love you to bits:thumb:

· King of Iron Geta
152 Posts
i played a 3d game (can't remember what it was but it looked sh**)
i've seen dosbox do better.what kind of 3d interface are they using?
The original game's one. Not MAME's fault if it looks like crap. Half of the 3D games only made use of a 15KHz monitor in the first place (like Psychic Force for instance, 320x240). As Paratech's signature on MW says - "MAME, not just for preserving Pac Man, but for preserving all games, even the crappy and unfinished ones..."

High res is for kiddies and only makes the games even more slower. We don't need another ZiNc as of 2009 anyway, just look at the forum. I'm genuinely surprised that so many people are still using ePSXe just for the graphical goodies, I gave that up when I downloaded pSX 1.3.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
lol.

if people wanted to play it in low res, they'd use their frickin console.

· Registered
10,973 Posts
The original game's one. Not MAME's fault if it looks like crap. Half of the 3D games only made use of a 15KHz monitor in the first place (like Psychic Force for instance, 320x240). As Paratech's signature on MW says - "MAME, not just for preserving Pac Man, but for preserving all games, even the crappy and unfinished ones..."

High res is for kiddies and only makes the games even more slower. We don't need another ZiNc as of 2009 anyway, just look at the forum. I'm genuinely surprised that so many people are still using ePSXe just for the graphical goodies, I gave that up when I downloaded pSX 1.3.
I get the impression Zinc is dead as well, but maybe Arbee will surprise up. I like Haze even if we've had issues with each other on occasion. I don't see the need to make games look better in the arcade, other than being spoiled by the Dreamcast Soul Calibur, I tend to like the original arcade games as they were meant to be played.

Heh, I thought all traces of me were purged off MAME World and EmuChrist! LOL He who must not be named! :evil: :lol: :p

· Registered
18 Posts

what you talking about, look how dreadful all 3d games play in mame, bring back zinc, there is a new mame called psxmame that is practically mame with 3d acceration, abit buggy but definatly 3d games are alot more playable.

emulation is about games not nothing else, document this all those at mame dev, bring us fast and 3d accelerated games, you guys keep all the documentation to yourselfs.

and if not your code will just end up in like minded hands and things liek zinc and psxmame will be more and more common.

· Registered
10,973 Posts
Um the coders of Zinc are MAME coders!

121 - 131 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.