Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Banned
35,081 Posts
mamedevs are a petty bunch of attention whores who need to get out of their mothers basements.

also.

not newsworthy.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
mamedevs need a wake up call using a nailgun.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
some of you are damn right dis respectful, not newsworthy, you are the kinda guys that will take a dieing mans last dime , the sort who will never give anything back to society.

haze contributed alot and without his programming skills mame would not be what it is today,

the rules and ethics of mame are completly against the end user, we want to play games at there best , i mean whats a accurate representation if it runs on hardware nothing liek the oringinal hardward, how its displayed on the majority of users is not accurate with lcd's , monitors etc....

i hope haze or the new generation can regroup and supply what the end users have been asking for several years and that is 3d acceleration,

to hell with the ethics and whats right and wrong,

now haze can take a step backwards and look upon the creation called mame and outbeat it fingers crossed.

ps

if you read his statement you can tell that he was pretty cut up about the situation and felt like he owed it to us end users an expanation on why he feels he has to depart.

good on him

good luck haze
we contribute to society, we're just sick of mamedev lameness. as a mamewhore though, you are too blinded by your mamewhoreness to even have a rats ass about the real going ons within the mamedev circles.

If he was that dedicated to his code, he would branch mame and get some other dedicated coders to join him, instead hes acted like a ***** and thrown in the flag.

all in all. If you can't stand the heat. DON'T GET IN THE FRICKIN KITCHEN.

It seems you're also another misinformed fool, who thinks that mame is about playing games. SUCK IT UP, coz its not. never was, never will be. They don't give a rats arse if your game works, the project is about 1:1 hardware emulation, the fact you can play games on it is just a side effect of the supposed accuracy.

If mame was to disappear suddenly, it really wouldnt be missed at all. There are plenty, less anal, less dumbarse developers who can step up and provide emulators.
an emulator isn't meant to be accurate, which makes mame not an emulator, its a simulator.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
no, its Simulation, along the same way MSFS is a simulator. using software to simulate hardware.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
@horseduck
read, and shut up.
Arcade Emulator

Mame is a documentation project, sometimes old rom sets are found to be missing previously miss-dumped or damaged roms, those will be replaced as found. Small color proms are also still trickling in. As new versions of Mame come on board the developers add support for new iterations and often add these files for missing games [or they will delete redundant files], this necessitates using that new updated set. Examples you might see are donkey kong, pacman, etc. from .33b. Run an audit on the game in question [highlight game, use alt-a to audit], it will tell you what files you are missing. Those will likely have been added or altered recently. You will need to locate the changed files or download a new updated set. Note: do not email the Mame or Mame32 teams about roms.
Mame as it is NOW, is a documentation project, the developers cater for that project, and not emup1r8s

I sorta agree with Horseduck. I don't know why people keep insisting they can't play games with MAME, because I have hundreds and I can play them with little to no problems. Yeah, some devs like to act as jerks in forums with that rant of accuracy but ultimately they think in users a lot, and add options like mulitple screens so we now can play Outrunners showing only one screen, for instance. They also make a lot of optimizations to the code even if they keep saying in forums they don't care about speed.

I love MAME but I'm not a fanatic. I don't like the childish behaviour some devs and dumpers have, but I appreciate their hard work and I know they really care about playability. After all, the best way to preserve a game is to be able to play it. That's what they were made for.

Clearly you have failed at reading. Clearly.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
edit(clarified further)
no, its only fail when noobs start cheering about mame devs adding advanced hardware support like that from naomi thinking they'll get full speed.

the documentation itself is handy for real emulators which actually run them at more then 10fps

· Banned
35,081 Posts
And authors write their code for their intentions. They only publish it at their leisure, but that does not mean it was written for you to get the exact arcade-fast experience. As said here before, if you want the arcade experience at home, get a port of the game, get a Dreamcast.

Their goal is to achieve perfect accuracy and it is not in their interest to have it run as fast as possible. That is their decision, and it is their goal to achieve this, and yours to respect. Feel free to disagree with their decision, but when it's about ethics and morals, no one is wrong or right.

And actually, most emulators are started for either of the two following reasons:
1. Proof of concept, that software can be run on hardware it was not made for
2. Proof of personal coding skills
3. Expanding their coding skills.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
agreed Rockman, backstabbing emuscene politics is ruining it all.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
i'd rather learn from a decent coder with a good personality, then a great coder who acts like an arse.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Accepting critisism when you're doing something wrong is the first thing any programmer should learn. Unfortunately they don't teach that in university.

If you're always ending up in arguments, then remember it takes two to argue.

If you don't have peer review and never have to justify your reasons for doing something a certain way then I fear for your codebase.
i wouldn't accept code review from an *******. destructive critism is more damaging to a persons experience and wanting to learn to code, then from someone who exercises constructive criticism.

and there's no reason to "learn from" elitist/arrogant coders. There's plenty of nice/friendly great coders around that are willing to share their knowledge.
and in my experience, the friendlier guys are usually better coders (which makes sense if you think about it).

Seconded, thirded and tenthed.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
screw mame... i wanna kill some mamewhores!

· Banned
35,081 Posts
We aren't ruining the thread. We're very much on topic.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
mamedevs are cocky, arrogant, ****s :p, we can name as many as we wanted to, and that won't change.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
depends, he could always kill every single mame dev.

morale to the story.

Somebody always has a say in the matter.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
murder seems the pastime of choice these days.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
because they think mame can do it better, when really it can only do it slower :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.