Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
I would think Oliver Gailbert would, I'm surprised he was so quiet about the situation here. He never seemed to be a quiet guy when talking about MAME and Politics.
"Ga/li/bert" it is.

As for the situation, Haze's account is extremely one sided to say the least, and I have better things to do with my time that involving myself publically in that kind of crap, especially when I'm on vacation. System 22 is *far* more interesting than emu-drama. A whole tms320c25 just to compute a scalar product and a sum? What was Namco thinking?

I know, they were thinking vertex shaders, but the end result is laughable.

OG.

OG.

· Registered
16 Posts
I doubt though a key in itself is illegal..After all, its just a hexadecimal hash. Like the magic dword constants for MD5, SHA1, and other hash methods. And the decryption keys for AACS.
A key is illegal. A magic constant for a hash isn't. Even if the actual value is the same. Law isn't math. It's not the value that is protected, it's the knowledge of the value in the context of its use. Check the "access protection" provisions of the DMCA or is equivalent in your local law (it's a WIPO treaty initially).

OG.

· Registered
16 Posts
This was listed from the MAME 131u3 readme...

"Added Guru-readme(TM) for Triforce. [Guru]"
A guru readme is a description of pcbs, placement of chips, references etc. The key was only a small part of it, and was removed. The HazeDrama[tm] happened when, instead of just removing the key, he removed everything in a "I can't be bothered to just remove the key, that would require effort" fashion.

OG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.