Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
some of you are damn right dis respectful, not newsworthy, you are the kinda guys that will take a dieing mans last dime , the sort who will never give anything back to society.

haze contributed alot and without his programming skills mame would not be what it is today,

the rules and ethics of mame are completly against the end user, we want to play games at there best , i mean whats a accurate representation if it runs on hardware nothing liek the oringinal hardward, how its displayed on the majority of users is not accurate with lcd's , monitors etc....

i hope haze or the new generation can regroup and supply what the end users have been asking for several years and that is 3d acceleration,

to hell with the ethics and whats right and wrong,

now haze can take a step backwards and look upon the creation called mame and outbeat it fingers crossed.

ps

if you read his statement you can tell that he was pretty cut up about the situation and felt like he owed it to us end users an expanation on why he feels he has to depart.

good on him

good luck haze

· Registered
18 Posts
the argument of mame not intended ot play games is garbage, that italian boy made the beginings of mame to play pac man, then it grew,

so squall i dont care how they have adjusted there intentions over the years, and what would mame be without the end user, nothing, if no one used it then no one would care .

so before you start barking at people like me (end users) , go and have a browse on these same forums you have been a member on since feb 2006 and you will see, people here are trying to play games from there past .

the key word here is play, no one gives a rats ass about sound fx being the wrong pitch,
emulating the exact cpu timing of the arcade etc.......

PEOPLE USE EMULATORS TO PLAY GAMES

no more no less.

· Registered
18 Posts
believe what you want, from something for the community mame has become a documentation project, what for ?

when manny of the emulated systems are well documented.

if there emulator is not supposed to play the games that the hardware was meant for whats the point.

like i said before i dont give a rat's ass what the current dev's believe or there ethics, i know when mame was first created users eaggerly awaited to see what games were added as working in order to play these games.

i have lived in a great period of time and have played my favourite games while still in the arcade and that experience i will truelly never forget,

so if the project is just to document how the hardware works and not about the games.

that my friend is fail , an epic fail.

PEOPLE USE EMULATORS TO PLAY GAMES

· Registered
18 Posts
so how much is guru's rom collection worth? he dumps the games then what sells them on for a quick profit or????

i heard he has all roms in storage after being dumped and donation money is used on various things not emulation only?

can some one clear this up?

· Registered
18 Posts
whats that mean?

guru is a thief and sells donated roms for personal profit?

has a huge collection that is paid for by donations , also the donation pays for the storage costs also?

i heard he has a full scale ridge racer arcade with the car, and plays naked while smoking a cigar, laughing while even his morgage is getting paid for by donations from all across the world.

i have even seen a youtube clip with the guru apparantly on his personal 3d accelerated version of mame, cursing the general public

· Registered
18 Posts
The original game's one. Not MAME's fault if it looks like crap. Half of the 3D games only made use of a 15KHz monitor in the first place (like Psychic Force for instance, 320x240). As Paratech's signature on MW says - "MAME, not just for preserving Pac Man, but for preserving all games, even the crappy and unfinished ones..."

High res is for kiddies and only makes the games even more slower. We don't need another ZiNc as of 2009 anyway, just look at the forum. I'm genuinely surprised that so many people are still using ePSXe just for the graphical goodies, I gave that up when I downloaded pSX 1.3.
what you talking about, look how dreadful all 3d games play in mame, bring back zinc, there is a new mame called psxmame that is practically mame with 3d acceration, abit buggy but definatly 3d games are alot more playable.

emulation is about games not nothing else, document this all those at mame dev, bring us fast and 3d accelerated games, you guys keep all the documentation to yourselfs.

and if not your code will just end up in like minded hands and things liek zinc and psxmame will be more and more common.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.