Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm not sure if I can ask this or not, but I'm pretty sure I can. I'd like to make an ISO of a game that I just got (metal gear solid). I don't like the way it plays when I just try to use the disk, it's laggy. I've got both alochol 120% and magic iso maker. I made an iso of the first disk but when I try to load it, it just kinda sits there acting like it's trying to load the rom, but it can't fool me, that little trickster, I know it's not really loading it. Any ideas? Thanks

-gw

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
epsxe supports ISO only if they use these extensions:
.iso
.cue+.bin/.img (img and bin are made the same, only the extension is different)
.cdd+.img+.sub (CloneCD made image)

I think that's all... it doesn't support .mds+.mdf and the like that's for sure

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
that game is laggy if u dont configure the emu/plugins to play correctly, also making a ccd + img + sub is better than iso for psx

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
nothing wrong with an ISO file. the problem probably doesn't lie in your ISO, it lies in your emu settings. what are your computer specs and plugins?

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
Instead of mounting the ISO from ePSXe, try using Alcohol to mount the CD, then in ePSXe select load from CD. I've never used the "load from ISO" option before, YMMV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
back in the day i used to use CdrWin 3.0 but i just got pleasantly suprised when blindwrite ripped an ISO of my Castlevainia SOTN disc that works great.. never set anything, just put the disc in and made sure it was ripping to an iso...

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
im guessing his problem was solved?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.