Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Opensource-spice
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow I have plans on cutting my router's antenna cover off, and extending it with some old copper TV-cable wire.

Before I go and do this stupid act of un-researched idiocy; does anyone else have any suggestions on how to be a cheapass and still amplify a router?

· Opensource-spice
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I completely wrinkled mine up via production... More than likely I'm going to end up just making the antenna longer(it would keep me busy for more than 30 minutes so I'm game).

· Opensource-spice
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1. Cut out the the cardboard/thick paper first
2. Cut the 6 slits
3. Test to make sure all the center piece's nibs can fit in their corresponding slots easily (this is the mistake i made by not checking to make sure the nibs slid and locked in placed rather easily), then remove center piece

4. THEN finally apply the aluminum, and afterwards attach center piece

By not doing step 3 initially, i was really struggling to force the center piece in and in doing so crinkled the aluminum, and I actually had to go and re-cut a number of the holes bigger inorder to fit the center piece nibs in. Chalk it up to me using 1.5milimeter think cardboard though :dead:

This method is certainly more universal then creating a longer antenna, since not everyone is willing to try to use a soldering gun to apply a longer copper wire with 5-6 coils in it, or willling to risk fudding up their router in the instance they aren't successful and not every single router has a detachable antenna (like mine doesn't detach)
The problem I seem to have is keeping the nibs in... The back paper and foil isn't going to naturally stay curved and keeps breaking apart. Sometimes I wonder how I passed 1st grade with these craft skills.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.