1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
177 Posts
Awesome. My friend and I built a wifi antenna like that for his truck (why? because we had been bored for days.) It was constructed similar to the first post except more metal was used. We thought it would be funny if somebody was messing around with their laptop in the car next to them (or several cars down) and they picked up the signal :p btw the base for the signal came off a cell phone connection 256k. not super fast but cool nonetheless.

The cheaper the better !

If self-made amps/wifi routers become a thing of the modern day by alot of folks laws will be put into effect snaring efforts. Reasons being 1. a loss of $$ to the major tech corps. 2. Being able to send a disrupter signal 1/2 mile into the air (i know we cant yet but just think if we could) would cause for major homeland security (omg not another Bush tactic) to go into effect.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well I saw the line

"Simply put, you are going to be sending electromagnetic waves through the air."

and started drooling/daydreaming at the (stupid...I know I know) prospect of frying the soundsystems in automobiles that drive by with booming bass with total disrespect of those of us that dont wish to hear that crap (not necessarily rap just the goddamned bass noise).

·
Banned
177 Posts
Unicron said:
well I saw the line

"Simply put, you are going to be sending electromagnetic waves through the air."

and started drooling/daydreaming at the (stupid...I know I know) prospect of frying the soundsystems in automobiles that drive by with booming bass with total disrespect of those of us that dont wish to hear that crap (not necessarily rap just the goddamned bass noise).

I totally agree with you on this one. I dont like it when folks drive around with stereo systems worth more than their car...lol

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
The Aviator said:
I totally agree with you on this one. I dont like it when folks drive around with stereo systems worth more than their car...lol
that's why you gotta put that stuff in expensive cars :p

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
dude, i am so trying this. All i want to know is how I would connect it to my dads Laptop that has wierless built in. I could easely throw all that stuff togheter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts