Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy
318 Posts
v1.13 has been out for a long time... why aren't you using that? And what do you mean by "clear"? You mean in a way that is only possible by enhancing? In that case, you will have to deal with ePSXe instead. And even that won't really make it clearer (you can't do much when you take an image and enlarge it to 4x its size).

To actually make it *clearer*, you'd have to raise the resolution of the games themselves. This would involve finding "hi-res mods" for the games you play.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, I didn't know 1.13 was already out...any way, the picture is a lot clearer with ePSXe and I would just like pSX to have the same clarity. The only reason I want to use pSX instead it because it is just more compatible with games and it seems to have less graphical errors...

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
psx is intended to look as close to the real thing as possible, so if you want better image quality you need to use an emulator that can make use of the hardware accelerated plugins.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
if sharper graphics, clearer picture, and just better image quality overall is what you are after, psx is not what you want to use, i dont know how else to put it really.

while it really is not going to make that much of a difference, you can try increasing the screen resolution if you want to but be aware that doing this could actually make things worse depending on how far away you go from the native psx resolution.

now if you have trouble setting epsxe then head over to the epsxe section and we can try and sort things out. it can be intimidating for some, ill admit, but it really isnt that hard if you have an idea of what you want out of in mind.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I have plenty of experience with ePSXe its just that pSX seems to have less graphical errors, but it is possible that that is just my computers fault. I have some kind of Sis onboard graphics and it doesn't support OpenGL... anyway..I'll just stick with ePSXe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.