Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well seriously I think this game forum need one more of these threads, I think It a good idea:
What are your major accomplishments in your video game playing expirience? Stuff like finishing a game, finding an easter egg, passing the ULTRA HARD levels stuff like that...

Me I remember finishing metal gear solid in one try(TWISE)...two words:"NOT COOL"
seriously im surprised I dint end up brain dead or something..

·
/dev/user
407 Posts
It was some kid's birthday party at Chuckie Cheese's and three other kids and I beat Battle Toads (I think that's what it's called). It took four hours but it was kinda the first (and only so far) arcade game I beat.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
finishing Micropose's F15 Strike Eagle for the NES... damnit that game gave me a real hard time... in the least stage had to manage to set my fuel usage to almost 0 so i could stay in air enough time to get the points for the last medal... >.<

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Making a working tcp/ip whiteboard program... not really gaming but...
As for gaming I think beating Farcry in 3 days or less. Can't remember. Mind you this was only with about 5 or less hours of play in total.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Beating Doom3 without cheats :p I got really really good at Uplink, I could hack anything. Also Shogo I played alot. Beat the game tons of times.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Reichfuher said:
Beating Doom3 without cheats :p I got really really good at Uplink, I could hack anything. Also Shogo I played alot. Beat the game tons of times.
Sounds like me Reichfuher. Beat Doom3 with no cheats, though it toke awhile. I also got decently good at uplink too.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Beat Capcom vs SNK on one credit. Beat Soul Calibur 2 *Arcade* 1 credit.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Oh yeah, getting a World's Record *Guiness Book* in 1986 *it's in the 1987 edition* on Bump 'N Jump... And while 421,780 may be 'low' it was with only (1) extra car...

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Thinks im proud of..

War3 RoC death wing icoon with decent % 73 or so.. altho i only play DOta now :/
GT2 almost fully completed the game something 97% irc
All the goodies i gained on D2 legitly Basicly retired the game to...

thinks that still piss me of now is the freaking chocobo race in ffx >.< god a time of 0.0.1 and stil dont have the ultimate wep for tidus...

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
i beated the arcade version crisis zone whit only one credit.

·
Linux's worst nightmare..
1,510 Posts
One major accomplishment in my gaming experience was on Killer Instinct for the SNES. I did the 48 hit Ultra combo with my favorite characther, Orchid :D

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
WTF 48 hit??
I remember getting high Ultra combos with her, but it didn't went above 30. Can you log it to a movie?? :p

I did manage to get the Eyedoll code, I was the only one to get that among my friends :D

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Very well, I feel like showing off.. :p

4 words: The original Unreal Tournament. One of my nicks is sometimes mentioned as one of the best UT players when asked in european communities, aswell as the nick of my revered former "protege", who's nickname begins with a G.

I never attended championships such as WCG, nor was I fond of constantly keeping the same nickname and rep (I liked to surprise), hence my fame is restricted to the top-layers of the top-players (ahaha! ;/). I never had interest in travelling for just a game.

I did enjoy several sponsorships during my time, through clans of which I formed one of the core players, from companies including, but not limited to, nVidia and D-Link. My premier performance was to be found in 1on1 however, for which I only received titles that were possible to attain through the internet instead of LAN. I avoided such geek-fests, as I often found most of the players I communed with to be empty-headed thick-skulled arrogant testosterone-driven teenagers/students crying for attention. I was one too, minus the empty-headed, thick-skulled and attentionwhorism properties. :p

I love(d) the game, but I've grown to dislike the community. The constant tension between clan and no clan players, top and no top players, instagib and NW players, not to mention the pressure people try to put on you for top CTF clanmatches and national cups. I had too much free time on my hands, but I had no desire filling it with their stupid, meaningless, and utterly moronic squables. Have you ever visited the ProUnreal forums btw? They carry the pinnacle of supreme idiocy amongst their forum members. I'm glad they aren't european, or I might not have been able to avoid dealing with them.

I finally left conclusively after a certain.. "prank" a buddy of mine and me played on several parts of the european community, which provided to be productive to my buddy's uni-research. Almost 18 months of not playing have resulted in a fast degradation of skills however, as has been proven by another actual friend of mine, who currently dominates a great portion of clan-related tournaments in any UT game under as many aliases as I had in total. oO

As for my other accomplishments: although impressive, I condemn them even more meaningless than my UT-career(s). :)

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
My higly developed grenade trowing skill it worms world party(i never miss a target) and sniping people on the move in SOF2

·
Registered
91 Posts
Doing a 667 hit combo in Killer Instinct with Fulgore. I was going to leave it at 666, but my friend looked at me funny, so I added one last hit before he landed :p

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Got all the emblems in SA and SA2 (unlocking the secret Green Hill stage)... can't recall anything else that'd make others look like tinny little japanese men in orange swimsuits next to Godzilla... but give me time and I'll remember something else ;)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
LordXeno said:
Doing a 667 hit combo in Killer Instinct with Fulgore. I was going to leave it at 666, but my friend looked at me funny, so I added one last hit before he landed :p
how did you ever manage to get a 667 hit combo???? oO

·
Registered
91 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
how did you ever manage to get a 667 hit combo???? oO
You can keep chaining fulgores ultra (F, D, F, Light Punch) to make infinite combos :p

Orchid also has an infinite combo by the way, but I don't remember how to perform it. Need to get the guys together with a few pizzas and do some hardcore SNES gaming :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts