Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I will need assistance with regards to doing a clean install on a G4 system. Here is the scenario, my cousin recieved a G4 from his friend in the US. My cousin wanted to get his digi cam to work with it, but it requires 10.3 and above to work. So he went out and bought the OS and wants me to install it.

So I decided to go to the apple website and read through the "how to install" the Mac OS X. One thing that bugged me is that I require some type of Mac ID of some sort. My cousin is going to be coming over on the weekend, but when I called him and ask if he knew anything about this ID, he had no clue what I was talking about (duh ask a newbie on computers a question like that what else would I get).

Anyways if someone who has experience with a Mac can help me out and give me a list of things to prepare for before the weekend it would help so I wont be driven up the wall trying to figure out everything.

·
OUYA Angel Backer
197 Posts
Uh, AFAIK MacOS X does not ask for a registration code. At least my copy doesn't. And I've performed a few different installations clean.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, if that is the case could someone clarify this statement on the PDF with regards to the clean Mac install:

"Installing Mac OS X the First Time
If you are installing Mac OS X for the first time or you select to erase the destination
volume, you need to set up Mac OS X using the Setup Assistant that opens after the
Installer finishes.
Follow the onscreen instructions in the Setup Assistant to register your copy of
Mac OS X, set up your Apple ID and .Mac membership, and set up your connection to
the Internet."

I am specifically wondering about that Apple ID and .Mac membership stuff.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright I am hoping everything will go alright this weekend (considering he has no Internet access :p ). I'll post the results when it gets done.

·
OUYA Angel Backer
197 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems. Mac OS X is the easiest OS I've ever installed. The installer is just as much a pleasure to use as the OS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts