Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source: http://wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,68501,00.html
That future may already be unfolding: Hackers have found a way to bypass a chip designed to prevent the Mac OS from running on non-Apple PCs, which are often cheaper than Macs

Some of the hackers are running the tweaked version of the operating system on their PCs natively. Others are using the system with VMware, which allows the Mac OS to support more PC hardware.
Read more here

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Thee are a few really good programs tha aren't for Windows, and Macs are definately better for video editing because of the great quality software on them, but other than that, it's just cool to be able to do. I'll play with my Windows Vista Beta kthx :p

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
I always wanted to do that.
Ive done this with various linux distro´s, but now i just got no time play with that anymore.. :(

·
Terminal Dogma
256 Posts
The problem at the moment is, if you want to run power pc binaries you need rosetta, rosetta is only compiled for sse3, so if you are like me (you only have sse2 or lower) you'll have to wait for a workaround, maybe a version of pearpc could fill the gap?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Well it waas only a matter of time, but I expected to would have taken longer. that said it'll probably have a stronger lockout by the time macintels go on sale.

As for why anyone would want to do that, well for the same reason folks write emus to run software on non native platforms, or try to install linux on an ipod. It's a challenge :p.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts