Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I'm sure you've all seen this question a million times. I've been using VBA for my GBA emulation needs for about 3 years now on my Mac and always loved it. Until recently when I decided I wanted to use the Gameshark code function.

The game I'm playing is sort of silly; Yu-gi-oh: Ultimate Master's Edition - World Championship Tournament 2006.

There are no AR codes available for it, sadly, and Gameshark gives you only the SP version codes. I've tried everything I could think of (space before last 4 digits, entering as all one line, etc.), but nothing has worked so far. I'll throw you a few screenshots of what I've got.

First, the codes I'll (try to) use.

[M] Must Be On
930F48CCAEB2
B54793A446CC
07D60E693CF3

Access all Duelists
715405EBE11C
F57405CBE15C

Access all Packs
6AC915BF5526
13728E388AC3

Have all Cards
9EFA455964DB
68CF85437DFF
21768720EAF3

Maximum DP
9EFA455964DB
43182893B134
9EFA455964DB
5A9864938926

Now a shot of what we're all familiar with as the VBA Mac cheat entry screen.
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/4939/picture6lmt.png

I've done each line of code in a single line of the entry box, but that would restrict me to like 2 codes. I've tried removing all use of the return key in the codes, but I get an "invalid format" error. I've done the return key strokes with a space before the last 4 digits, but I still get an error. I've tried space before last 4 digits, space instead of return to separate code lines. Space before last 4 digits and no space or return between codes. One line of code per slot. One line with space before last 4 digits. It goes on and on. I spent about two hours with Google trying to fix this crap. It's kinda hurting my brain.

So my question is basically was this problem ever solved and if so how? And if it was solved for one game will it work the same way if I wanted to use codes for different games? Your basic questions, really.

Thanks for any help I can get.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I am familiar with Mac version at all so I am just grasping at straws here but can you choose to enter cheats as Gameshark or as Codebreaker? Have you tried entering them as Codebreaker with a space before the last 4 digits?

Sometimes VBA likes complaining that the codes are for a different game but they still end up working by the way so don't take that message as a failure before checking if they work.

Also remember that codes are region specific.

I found you some AR codes by the way
BSFree - Codes without the Bull****

(remember that site even if those cheats don't help, it's an invaluable archive of cheats for older systems including cheats for pretty much all GBA games)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got nothing. Am I supposed to remove the return strikes between lines of code? And if I do, do I put in a space?

Also, I'm getting a "invalid format" error with the AR codes you gave me. And they're not working.

So, I'm at a loss. Any other ideas?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
sorry I have no experience with the mac port at all so no, I don't have any other ideas...other than trying out other codes on that site...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.