Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its on the windows update, the only "update" i didnt dl and install.
Should i? Can it harm my system? Or is it just safe to install and never use?

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
YES! So far its only good program from M$, and even that isnt designed by them. :lol: It was formerly known as GIANT Antispyware, which was BEST antispyware program available, (even beats combined Spybot and adaware. it was comercial program unfortunately) and later M$ bought it. Install it AND USE IT.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K, since u´ve been so emphatic about it, ill give it a try.

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
uuuh how do i use the program ? were is it located ?

I remeber downloading it with windows update a few days ago.. but i dont see it anywere...

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
I have no idea. If its not in in Start menu, then something has gone wrong. Try downloading it from internet and install it manually. You can find mirrors here and there, if M$ site doesnt allow downloading manually anymore.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does it need a restart?
More then 24 hours with a restart and so far so good :)

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Obviously restart is a MUST after any kind of Windows Update and such. :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
No probs with it here. Works a treat. Actively monitors the PC for spyware intrusion. Im told it has been tested as better than Spybot and Adaware. Just hope it stays free!

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Errr.....

RZetlin said:
I just checked Windows Update the anti-spyware is not listed.

Make sure you are not getting confused with the Malicious Software Removal Tool - January 2005 (KB890830), this is not the anti-spyware tool.
I did got confused.... :emb:
Ill install it later, dont plan to restart, maybe monday or tuesday.
Should i get this Update anyway?

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Mad said:
I did got confused.... :emb:
Ill install it later, dont plan to restart, maybe monday or tuesday.
Should i get this Update anyway?
I installed the Malicious Software Removal Tool - January 2005 (KB890830).

The only difference was the EULA agreement you have click "yes" for the update. Other than that, the software did nothing. You can't even access it!

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Might as well install it. I mean, it can't hurt anything. Nice to see Microsoft is trying to help out against those damn nasty viruses, worms and trojans. I seriously hate viruses and crap. :mad: I actually got a Java virus the other day. Luckily my virus scan picked it up immediately.

You can read more about it here http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=890830

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
I have it installed and it works great... probbibbly becasue they dident make it. Thats so typical of M$.

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
Just downloaded and installed it....seems to be a pretty good software, although it identified flashget and messenger plus as spyware :hdbash: oO

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Flashget is spyware ruined program. I suggest you avoid it. Leechget uses similar fronted with Flashget and its spyware free, though there are some restrictions in free version. In Messenger Plus you can choose not to install spyware when installing it in a first place, so its not very critical if you kept your eyes open when you installed it.

Wierd thing is that both GIANT and M$ notices Fresh Devices programs (freshdownload etc..) as spyware, even though they are tested and defined as spyware free... oO

·
Registered
134 Posts
MaZa said:
Flashget is spyware ruined program. I suggest you avoid it. Leechget uses similar fronted with Flashget and its spyware free, though there are some restrictions in free version.
Leechget,eh? OK I'll try it. Hope it'll fix my problem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts