Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to using ePSXe, having recently converted to Win2K and thus having to give up using *that other emulator, whose 3-letter acronym shall be cursed through the land for no Win2K support*, and heard great things about ePSXe and all, so figured I'd try it.

I got everything I need, and with no CD in, I can get to the built-in Memory Card manipulator that the BIOS has. I put in my copy of Lunar SSSC and I get a black screen while it very slowly seems like it reads a bit of the CD, and then gives up on that idea altogether.

The drive access light on my CD drive (my only drive currently is a Plextor 8/4/32A CDRW drive) goes on for second, then off for one... a couple of times, then stops. This is with Pete's ASPI 1.5 plugin or the Segu ASPI 0.3. With the internal Win2K plugin, it works a little more randomly, but still gets me nowhere. The CD is known good--it worked in *that other emulator*.

Ok, so I figure I'll try another game just for kicks... throw in FFTactics... works fine (Internal plugin). Any ideas? Is Lunar SSSC just not compatible?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Lunar SSSC definitely works here on a CD. Have you tried using an ISO of it?

Edit: thought I should mention I'm using Win 9x, so there's a possibility, albeit a minute one, that 2k could be causing the problem. It's likely the ISO would work if that's the case, though...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm...

Well, I'll give that a shot once I find 650 MB or so free... it's a backup on a 700 MB disc... would that cause problems? I could redo that backup onto a 650... i just didn't have any 650s when I made that first...

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I wouldn't think so. It's just a difference of a little unused space (which is what happens on most commercial disks with no effect).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts